Chapter 1: Quirks

Several years later
(Y/N)'s POV:
"Ninety-nine, one hundred!"

Beads of sweat dripped down my face as I drank some water. I wiped my face with a towel. My carer, Toshinori Yagi, was out again today.

Me?

I was training my body so I could enter Yuuei. I've been doing this for several years now. Just because I don't have a quirk, doesn't mean that I can't prepare myself to become the first quirkless hero!

Nothing will ever make me give up on my dream! No matter what, I will make it into Yuuei High!

"Another ten months," I whispered to myself as I walked up to my workroom. I opened up the door and was greeted by my creations, each designed to help me with my goal. "Another ten months to improve myself. Another ten months until I join Yuuei."

I stared at the room for a moment longer before taking a shower.

Time skip brought to you by All Might

"I'm back!"

"Welcome home!" Mister Yagi entered the living room. "How was your day?"

"It was good," was all he said.

I nodded at his reply.

"All Might showed up again. He saved two kids from a sludge monster." I stated plainly.

Mister Yagi looked nervous. He always looks like that whenever I bring up All Might.

I continued talking. "Mister Yagi?"

"Yes?"

"I want to meet All Might again. It's been five years now..."

The room fell silent. Neither of us spoke until he finally replied.

"I'll see what I can do."

Mister Yagi made his way to the stairs.

"Get some sleep my girl, you have school after all."

I waited until I had heard the last of Mister Yagi's footsteps.

"Yeah...school," I sighed.

More like torture.

Cuts, burns, name-calling.

Mister Yagi doesn't know of this yet. I don't want him to worry. But...he will have to find out soon.

I shook my head.

What am I doing?

Heroes... don't get sad! They save people, with smiles on their faces because... everything's going to be alright!

I went up to my workroom. It was filled with my ideas and gadgets that could help me be a hero. All I have to do is choose the right ones.

With newfound determination, I got to work.

All Might's POV:
I gently knocked on (Y/N)'s door. When she didn't reply, I called her name letting her know I was entering. Upon entry, the young girl was nowhere to be found.

I made my way to the next room, her workroom. I opened the door to find her sleeping on top of some blueprints.

Smiling slightly, I shook her awake gently. "(Y/N). It's time to wake up."

Being the typical teenager that she was, she muttered a simple, "Five more minutes."

I shook my head.

This kid has brought so much joy into my life, that's for sure.

"(Y/N)." I shook her again.

After a few more attempts, I decided to give up. Going into the kitchen, I grabbed an apple and sat on the couch. This was a typical morning for me as she was often up late training to enter Yuuei. That or she was watching anime.

An hour later, I heard a startled scream and an "I'm late again!" come from the girl's workshop.

Chuckling to myself, I shook my head.

I listened to her scurry around upstairs.

Moments later she was sliding down the railing, all dressed for school, and landed face first on the floor. "Ow..."

I chuckled at her antics again. (Y/N) frowned at me, pretending to be upset but soon joined in with the laughter.

She grabbed a slice of toast that popped up from the toaster. "Thanks Mister Yagi! I'll see you later!" She called from the kitchen.

"Have a good day at school my girl."

(Y/N) simply nodded.

3rd Person POV:
With the sun rising in the sky, a young (h/c) girl ran to school. Her backpack bounced up and down with every step. Having trained a lot, the teenaged girl had high stamina and nearly inhumane speed. She sped through the gates, well aware that the bell could go off at any minute.

Luckily, she only just made it through her classroom door as the bell room. Unfortunately, this led to her falling face first to the floor as she tripped over her own feet.

The class remained silent before erupting into laughter seconds later.Comments were whispered, but the (e/c) girl heard them anyway.

"Look it's the freak."

"Ew! Why can't she just die already?"

"She's such a disgrace. No wonder her parents killed themselves."

The last one caused (Y/N) to snap.

"That's not true! They were murdered!"

"(L/N)! Sit down!" the teacher bellowed, his eyes showing nothing more than hate and disgust.

Around lunchtime
The bell couldn't ring soon enough in (Y/N)'s opinion. She wanted to get this over and done with.

When it did finally ring, signalling lunch, the girl packed her things as quickly as possible.Despite taking classes in self defense, (L/N) would rather not deal with the shitty teachers at her school and her peers for that matter too.

Unfortunately for our quirkless friend, she wasn't quick enough.

A lean girl with her pack approached our hero with vicious intentions. In said pack was her boyfriend who had cheated on her numerous times.

Everyone knew that he would leave her soon enough then ask her out again. Everyone knew she was wrapped around his finger and would believe any of his lies.

"Well then, are you ready bitch?" the girl asked.

(Y/N) just sighed, not wanting another day of abuse. She was lucky to avoid it at break and she was hoping to avoid it at lunch and when she left school.

"I just want to study and get good grades. What have I ever done to you? Can't you just leave me alone?" (Y/N) questioned in a bored tone.

The girl's boyfriend grabbed (Y/N) by the collar of her uniform. "Listen here brat! No one speaks to my girl like that! Especially a thing like you!" he spat at her.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes. "She's just a slut and you're a cheating son of a bitch."

Gasps were heard amongst the group as the girl erupted into fake tears.

The already exposed boy became extremely violent as our quirkless friend had predicted.

"You stupid bitch!" he spat as he started to punch his peer.

Most of the group activated their quirks in order to teach the (h/c) girl a "lesson".