Chapter 14: Darkness

3rd Person POV:
(Y/N) eventually stopped trying to get out of Katsuki's hold, knowing full well that there wasn't a chance in hell he was putting her back on the ground.

She folded her arms and huffed, unamused at the situation.

"You know I'm perfectly capable of walking you damn hedgehog!"

Katsuki just grunted and continued walking.

Upon arriving at the designated meet up spot, Katsuki dropped the quirkless girl without a second thought causing her to land with a not so gentle thud. Assuming that the others weren't back yet, Katsuki tsked and muttered something incoherent under his breath.

The female he had dropped was looking around to see where they were when she saw someone on top of a building, no - she saw a few people driving another towards the edge of the roof of said building.

That man's going to die!

The girl jumped to her feet whilst Katsuki was typing away on his phone.

Assuming he wasn't paying attention, (Y/N) sprinted across the street and into the building she needed. She ran past security earning shouts and warnings that she shouldn't be there as well as hearing Katsuki's yelling meaning that he had now noticed her absence.

She ran to the fire escape and clambered up the stairs three at a time. To her luck, the building only had two floors, not including the roof.

As she had guessed, the fire escape did indeed lead to the area she needed to be.

Instead of coming up with a strategy as she typical would, the (h/c) girl kicked the door open, freezing everyone on the other side on their current positions.

She noticed three criminals, one of which has a gun pointed at a child no older than three.

"Let the kid go and no one gets it!" (Y/N) shouted, hoping she sounded threatening.

The men just laughed. "Looks like girlie here wants to play hero~" one cooed.

(L/N) gritted her teeth and entered a defensive stance subconsciously.

"Listen princess, get out of here and promise not to tell anyone what you've seen."

"And if I refuse?"

"We'll just take you with us for our...personal pleasure."

The girl's face changed to that of serious to disgusted within those moments before she said, "Not happening. Now let the kid go!"

The gang leader only tsked. "Get her," he ordered.

His two lackeys came charging at her, one with a staff that he had pulled out of thin air and the other with light radiating from his hands.

(Y/N)'s POV:
Instead of running straight at them recklessly, I remained where I was for the time being.

Once they were a little closer I dashed and slid under their attacks. I swiftly returned to my feet and turned around, not expecting to be shot from behind.

Luckily he had just missed me, grazing my right arm. The arm still stung though, so I hissed and tried my best to ignore it.

I ran at the one with the staff hoping that he'd be easier to take out than the other two at this moment in time considering that I didn't know their leader's quirk.

I launched a jump kick that he blocked with ease so I used my other leg to kick him under the chin sending him stumbling backwards.

I used my hands to jump into the air upon contact with the ground and landed safely on my own to feet, entering a new stance.