Chapter 23: A Lot To Discuss

3rd Person POV:
Back in homeroom, the students of Class 1A were discussing how their exams went when (L/N) walked through the door without kicking it for a change.

She weaved her way through the students, blocking out their conversations and parked her carcass on her seat before burying her face into her hands.

She started murmuring to herself thinking about the one thing she could not figure out.

Did she really lose her quirk?

Did she actually have one?

What happened to it?

Why couldn't she use it?

Could quirks be stolen?

What happened to the user who stole them?

If quirks can be stolen, can quirks also be given?

There were far too many possibilities.

Shōto looked over to his childhood friend.

His eyes widened slightly as he saw small drops of water rolling down her cheeks.

He excused himself from his discussion with Izuku and made his way over to the quirkless girl.

He knew physical contact wouldn't snap her out so he placed his right hand in her burnt one.

He created enough ice for her to notice the change in temperature causing the girl to shoot her head up and look at him.

Todoroki was thankful that his class was too busy worrying about their exams to notice the two of them at the back.

He quickly mouthed "What's wrong?" in hopes that he could get her to talk to him about her problems just as they did when they were children.

The quirkless girl abruptly stood up and wiped away her tears before grabbing his hand and pulling him to a more secluded area of the school.

Unknown to the two of them, Izuku and Katsuki had also noticed the change in (Y/N) and were hiding so they wouldn't get caught.

"I really shouldn't be telling you this Todoroki, but... I was, I guess you could say jumped, whilst I made my way home during the time you guys were interning."

Shōto raised a brow signalling her to tell him everything.

"I can't give you all the details, but the gist of it is that I was to train here at Yuuei for five days then train with a retired hero for the final two. On the fourth day, I was walking back home through the park when someone grabbed me and whispered something in my ear. I...they...it..."

(L/N) took a deep breath in before continuing.

"Th-They... Said I had... A qu-quirk."

Izuku let out a small gasp which was quickly muffled by Katsuki who sent him a death glare.

Shōto's face shifted ever so slightly but he continued to listen regardless.

"B-But th-th-that can't be right! No matter how I look at it, there's no way it can be possible unless someone has a quirk that can steal someone else's. And then there's so many things to factor in. It doesn't make sense!"

Shōto watched his friend rile herself into a frenzy.

He listened to for a few minutes before he walked to the now pacing girl and grabbed her wrist, forcing her to turn towards him.

He kept quiet as he stared into her eyes whilst the girl calmed down by taking in his features.

"It's alright," he said in a soothing voice. "It's okay... After school, we can go to the principal's office together and get this sorted. How does that sound?"

The girl nodded at the idea as she wrapped her arms around his torso and buried her head into his chest.

Shōto wrapped one arm around her and stroked her hair in a soothing manner.

He recalled how this would calm her down back when they were kids and was internally grateful that she hadn't really changed. He found it comforting to know that he still knew how to cheer her up and calm her down.

In that moment, Shōto Todoroki found himself longing for the two of them to once again share the friendship they had lost.

Izuku and Katsuki listened to the girl's quiet hiccups and Shōto's incoherent whispering before they both returned to class.

(Y/N)'s POV:
After the class dispersed to return home, Shōto turned to me and asked if I was ready to go.

I nodded and the two of us made our way to the Principal's office.

Shōto knocked on the door upon our arrival.

"Come in."

Shōto opened the door and gestured for me to enter first. I did so and thanked him. He nodded and walked in as he gently closed the door behind him.

"(L/N), Todoroki, what can I do for you today?"

Just when I opened my mouth, Shōto stated our business rather bluntly, "We're here because (L/N) is still in shocked from being jumped by a stranger. Is there anything you can tell us that can help put (L/N)'s mind at ease?"

Nezu looked from me to Shōto and back again.

"What did I tell you (L/N)?"

I giggled nervously as I scratched the back of my head.

"To not tell anyone but Todoroki here knows me far too well and for me to lie to him would be nearly impossible."

Nezu sighed.

"I guess now is as good a time as ever to tell you. Come take a seat. We have a lot to discuss."