Chapter 2: With or Without

2nd Person POV:
"And they want to be heroes..." you whispered to no one.

You coughed up blood still lying on the cold hard floor.

You had been there since the end of lunch, making you miss the final lessons of the day.

The bell had rung hours ago, or so it felt. In reality, it had only been 10 minutes since everyone had left.

Only a few students lurked in the halls, the teachers doing whatever it is they do at this hour. The other children had left you in the janitor's closet, and being too weak to move or call out, you decided to just lay there until someone came to collect supplies.

You felt pathetic. You began to wonder how you could be a hero when you couldn't stand up for yourself-no. It wasn't that you couldn't. You very well could considering that you've taken several precautions so you could fight as a hero. You knew numerous styles of martial arts including, Tai Chi, Karate and many others. You exercised regularly and took dance lessons so you could confuse opponents and fight in an unpredictable style. Your stamina, strength and instinct were almost inhumane as well as your speed. Some would almost believe you had a quirk if they had seen you in action. Yes, it is very true that you, (Y/N), could have easily defeated those bullies. So why didn't you?

Simply because of school policy. No violence is accepted, yet students get away with it, or rather, students with quirks. Teachers don't bat an eyelid when a powerless teen such as yourself was beaten badly. They'd turn a blind eye and ignore the scene. Like most people. Like the 80% with quirks.

Those born quirkless seem rather...useless to many. They walk around feeling small, inferior to others, a waste of life.

But you chose, choose to push through that. You didn't really care about being the number one hero. Any number in the top ten was fine by you because you'd be an example to others like you that they can be a hero with or without a quirk.