Chapter 32: Ow

(Y/N)'s POV:
As the rest of my class got acquainted with those we were competing against, I made my way over to the changing rooms and changed into my hero costume.

I swallowed down a lump in my throat feeling a little guilty for ditching my peers.

"Even still... I'm not here to mess around... I need to pass this first time... Remember... A hero looks after others and always smiles no matter what... The second I only think about myself in this exam... Is the second I've failed."

I frowned slightly as I finished putting on my hero suit.

What if I do fail?

"No (Y/N)! Don't even go there!" I said to myself as I slapped my cheeks a couple of times.

"You'll do it. You don't want compensation for your actions and you have sacrificed your own well-being before for that child you saved. That's what people need. That's what Stain was fighting for. True heroes like All Might. I don't want to prove myself or anything like that anymore... I want to help others. I will pass!"

Time skip brought to you by two bakas

3rd Person POV:
"Are those two fucking stupid?!" (L/N) exclaimed as she watched her two friends run off alone. "They might as well be leaving us at the first sight of danger! Not to mention everyone has seen us, well you guys, on TV. We're at a disadvantage here!"

"(Y/N)'s right! I don't like the idea of them going alone either. I think this'll become a school on school battle. Everyone knows what we can do."

"Wh-What does that mean?!" Mineta asked, a little scared.

The (h/c) girl's face darkened ever so slightly. "They're going to go Yuuei hunting."

Just as she said so, the remaining students of Class 1A were attacked.

(L/N) used the wind aspect of her quirk to avoid the earthquake, allowing her to stay in the air.

"Guys!" she called out to them.

"We're okay (Y/N)! We know you can't control your quirk very well yet!" Momo called out, trying to reassure her.

"But I-"

"No buts! We're fine!" Izuku called out.

"Izu-"

"You should really worry about yourself," a voice cooed behind the young girl.

Shit! I can't counter!

(Y/N)'s POV:
"Don't worry about me, I know how to take care of myself," I replied with a smirk as I deactivated my quirk.

I began falling to the ground.

During my freefall, I turned myself around in the air, and threw one of my balls at the person who attacked me.

He had already been attacked twice and I managed to get their final target. I used the wind aspect of my quirk to propel myself back into the air.

"Sucks to be you!" I said as I grinned at the boy who I just eliminated.

He simply gritted his teeth and sulked off. I shrugged it off and blocked another incoming attack.

Looks like they're singling me out. Is because they don't know my quirk?

"So what kind of quirk do you have anyway?" a feminine voice behind be asked as she tried to hit one of my targets.

"The kind that gets me into trouble," I said, launching a small fireball to counter the ball.

I then used a gust of wind to dodge an incoming attack.

"Just let up already..." I panted.

I wonder if I'm at my quirk's limit yet?

"Please! You can't even control your own quirk! What chance do you have at becoming a hero?" one taunted.

Once again I smirked, keeping head low.

"A better chance then you all," I said, barely loud enough for them to hear.

Using three of the red balls given to me, I twirled in the air and threw them.

Both hit their target, eliminating one of them, granting me the win and leaving the other with two targets remaining.

"Now that you've passed, please head to the anteroom."

"Ah! It talks!" I squealed, accidentally deactivating my quirk.

The laws of gravity kicked in immediately and I was sent tumbling to the ground.

"Ow..."