Chapter 56: Listening To Every Word

TRIGGER WARNING!!
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF RAPE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!

3rd Person POV:
For whatever reason, (Y/N) kept telling herself that she shouldn't tell Izuku about her ex. She'd never admit this to anyone, not even herself, but she still wasn't over what he did to her. Nightmares of that final night together would occasionally haunt her during the most inconvenient times. And this was one of them.

She was happy, with someone new and was adjusting to her quirk. Well quirks.

But of course he had to interfere somehow. Be it the real him or a stupid dream version of that prick. He was always there, in the back of her mind, waiting for her to either fall or rise. And whichever way she went, he'd be there to knock her down over and over and over again.

She couldn't bring herself to focus on the festival. She was on Shōto's team since she refused to dance and couldn't play an instrument or sing. Plus everyone agreed (including herself) that she was better off backstage, looking after the equipment and setting it up thanks to her years as an inventor.

Her brows knitted together furiously as she stared at the current plan for the lighting. She tried to ignore the constant whispering in her ears. He was starting to drive her nuts.

He's going to leave you. He'll find out and leave you. Stop being so selfish. You know Izuku deserves better. You know Ochaco has a crush on him. How could you steal your friend's potential love interest from her?

"Shut up," she snapped at herself, burying her head in her hands. "Izuku isn't like that. Ochaco will just have to accept that her feelings for him aren't mutual. It's not my fault. I didn't steal anything from anyone."

Oh, but you did. And now the poor girl probably cries herself to sleep. Has she hung out with you lately?

"No..."

My point exactly. You stole him from her. You don't deserve to be a hero. He'll probably realise and leave you for her. She's better than you.

Amber green flames licked at the plans she once held. His voice - his stupid, ridiculous, obnoxious voice that put her down day in and day out. Always in the back of her head. That fucking bastard. Why couldn't he just leave?

You remember what I told you? Way back on our special night. Why haven't you done it yet? With or without a quirk, you're still a burden. So, why not make everyone's life easier and just kill your-

"(Y/N)!" Izuku shouted. "(Y/N) what's wrong?!"

She snapped out of her thoughts, her screwed up head, to see the paper she was holding had almost burnt away. She looked to Izuku, shocked to find him there. The girl didn't expect anyone to come into her room other than Shōto.

"Iz-Izuku I, uh..."

Izuku's hands wiped away the tears streaming down her face. In short amount of time she'd been crying, the whites of her eyes were almost completely red.

(Y/N) leaned against Izuku who didn't know what to do. Kacchan had told him she was fine after training. Cracking jokes and witty banter. But he did mention that before that she looked upset.

Did he do something wrong last night?

"What's wrong?" Izuku whispered, trying to get her to talk again.

He rubbed circles into her back as he held her, following the advice he'd learnt from Shōto. When she didn't speak, he then went on to whisper sweet things into her ear. Sometimes she would hiccup and sniffle, her nose starting to run. Regardless, when she did finally calm down, Izuku didn't pull away nor did he let her.