Chapter 8: Into the Night

3rd Person POV:
Upon completing the first day, (Y/N) walked through the corridors when she suddenly heard a voice shout, "Hey! You're the girl that didn't use her quirk today, but still made it into the top ten! So manly!"

Pretending she hadn't heard them, the quirkless girl continued walking. At the end of the day, her abilities were inhuman.

"Shut it shitty hair!" a certain blonde shouted.

"That wasn't very nice Bakugō!"

"You got a fucking deathwish bastard!"

Someone needs to watch their English language... the girl sweatdropped.

"Huh? (L/N)! Wait up!"

"Oi, Deku! Fuck off!"

"K-Kacchan!"

(Y/N) turned around to see the broccoli boy sweating in front of his explosion friend and childhood bully. Next to Katsuki, was Eijiro Kirishima, a red haired boy.

"Oh, Midoriya. Ignore them. We can walk to the train station together."

Izuku blushed furiously at the girl's words and nodded his head rapidly as he hurried towards the friendly (e/c) orbs of his recent ally.

Leaving Katsuki and Eijiro behind, the two made their way out of the building only to run into Tenya Iida.

As the three walked out of campus they were yet again accompanied by Ochaco Uraraka.

The three of them conversed in conversation, (Y/N) and Tenya sweatdropping at Izuku's sudden blush and his sudden presentation of himself as 'Deku' after a mix up with his first name.

On the way to the train station, the four heroes in training were suddenly stopped by their homeroom teacher Shōta Aizawa.

"(L/N)."

"Yeah?"

"You left the building on your own."

The four teenagers blinked. "B-But I left with Midoriya, Iida and Uraraka."

"You left the building regardless."

Ochaco decided to step in. "But Sensei, why can't (L/N) leave Yuuei alone?"

Eraserhead sighed. "So no one has told you yet it seems; meaning that you made your own way to school this morning."

Answer the question! the four teens thought.

"I suppose it can't be helped. I'll have the Principal explain it to you tomorrow, but I will personally be dropping you off and picking you up today and tomorrow."

The quirkless girl looked at her friend and classmates with a blank stare only to have them return the same expression.

"Eraserhead... You haven't answered anything. Mister Yagi has always let me walk home alone."

Shōta simply sighed. Without warning, Aizawa used his bandages to grab (Y/N) and sped off into the distance of her home.

The others panicked, unsure of what to do in this situation as their teacher had basically kidnapped their classmate.

2nd Person POV:
"Shōta Aizawa put me down right now!" you helplessly yelled at your teacher squirming in his bandages.

"Stop it kid. It's for your own safety," Aizawa replied monotonously.

He held a poker face that you couldn't read.

Eventually you stopped struggling knowing it was futile to attempt to escape his grasp.

"Can you at least explain why I of all people have the privilege of being escorted to school and back? It's not like I'm gonna fucking skive lessons."

"Watch your mouth (Y/N)."

You pouted at his lack of an answer.

"Then...can you at least explain why I've never been adopted by my relatives?"

The air became heavy and thick.

Tensions rose and you felt the edges of your eyes prick with tears. You wanted to cry, to scream and shout. Shōto was no longer the boy you knew, your parents were dead and your own family didn't want you.

"It's because they were murdered. Every last one. Blood relative, non-blood relative, even your family friends. In other words, you're the last (L/N). All of your family inheritance, belongs to you now."

That's when your heart skipped a beat.

Time skip

All Might's POV:
"I think I forgot to pick up (Y/N) this morning in my hero form, and again this afternoon."

I sighed to myself.

God... I used up my time too quickly. The kid might be in danger right now.

I cursed quietly as I awaited for the girl's already late arrival.

Soon enough, the doorbell rang.

Rushing to the door, I flung it open. In front of me was a soaked underground hero and the quirkless girl I had long awaited the arrival of. "(Y/N)! Thank goodness your safe!" I exclaimed in glee, happy to see her safe and sound.

Eraserhead coughed muttering how I, well my hero self, should have been the one to take her to school and back today.

(Y/N) walked past, her bangs covering her eyes. "(Y/N)?" We watched her drag herself up the stairs and heard her room door slam shut. I looked at my colleague.

He simply sighed. "I may or may not have told her a few things."

I frowned and shook my head. "What exactly did you tell her Aizawa?"

An unholy silence landed. We both stared at each other as if we were communicating with our eyes rather than words. My blue eyes pierced his black ones and vice versa.

To say I was disappointed, would be an understatement.

I felt disgusted with myself for keeping such a large secret from (Y/N) and for not telling her the reason why her family couldn't adopt her. But I would have lied and she would have found out either way.

Keeping my voice low, I told Aizawa, "We can't hide it forever."Aizawa just shrugged before walking into the night.