settantasette

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐀

madison

it was mattia's last full day at the hospital before he gets discharged tomorrow morning. after seeing him wake up and talk perfectly fine, it felt like a massive weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

i finished eating breakfast before my dad approached me. "how are you feeling?" he asked me.

"well, now that mattia woke up i feel a lot better, but i just want to skip to the part where he's fully recovered," i expressed to him and he nodded in agreement and hugged me.

"i know, mija, but these things take time and mattia has to cooperate if he wants it to be a quick process," he told me and i sighed.

it's true and although mattia has shown me that he's patient, i hope he has the same patience when it comes to his health. knowing him, he'll want to be fully recovered to so he can play soccer and get recruited.

"i'm gonna go to the hospital before visitation hours are over," i told him and he nodded.

"be safe and let me know if anything happens," he says and i nodded before hugging him goodbye and walking out of the front door.

i drove to the hospital and once im there, i tell the nurse who i am and she lets me into mattia's room. i knock before entering and i see him wide awake on his phone.

"good morning," i smile and give him a kiss on the lips.

"what are you doing here?" he smiles as he grabs my hand to pull me in for another kiss. "don't you have school?"

"i'm suspended for a week, remember?" i told him and he nodded as he remembered.

"forgot josh got you in trouble," he said and i sigh as i sit on the chair beside him.

"how are you feeling?" i asked him and he shrugged.

"my leg hurts a little but nothing major yet," he says. "tour's canceled by the way."

"i'd expect them to cancel it after everything," i said and he laughs. "the hotel's also lucky you're not suing them."

he laughs again, "why would i sue the hotel?" he asks and i try to hold mu laughter, maintaining a serious face.

"what hotel doesn't have enough security to prevent shit like this?" i asked him and he grabs my hand and pats the empty space beside him.

"you sound like an angry mom," he puts his arm over my shoulder as i lay next to him.

"well, as your girlfriend, i also know what's right for you," i tell him and raises his eyebrows up and stares at me with a cute smile.

that smile.

"what?" i ask him as i return the smile.

"girlfriend, huh?" he says and i nod.

"no more wasting time," i tell him and i sit up. "you and i both know we were going to get back together eventually, it was only a matter of time."

"well, you and i both know that i always have something up my sleeve," he says and i look at his short sleeved hospital gown. "not literally you loser," he laughed and pushed my head, making me laugh, too. "but if we're going to make things right, then i'm going to ask you out properly once i get the hell out of here,"

"mattia that really isn't necessary," i tell him and he pulls me back down towards him.

"oh but it is," he says and i playfully roll my eyes.