quarantacinque

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

"we're gonna be late if we don't head out now." lauren says as i tried to finish my bagel.

i grabbed my phone and my book bag. "stop right there." my dad says from behind and i roll my eyes as i turn around.

he puts his hand out, "what?" i asked him as i looked at his hand and then at him.

"being grounded means no phone." he says and i scoff.

i take my phone out and turn it off before slapping it onto his hand. i turn around and walk away towards the door.

"you're being harsh on her." i hear raquel say from a distance before i close the door shut.

"god, i can't believe him." i say out of frustration. "i'm literally eighteen years old and he's treating me like a thirteen year old."

"you lied to him, what did you expect?" she said and i rolled my eyes.

lauren drove to school since i haven't been feeling well about my new punishment. my dad didn't even kiss me goodbye how he always does in the morning before i go to school. i hate that i disappointed him, but i think he's taking it a bit far.

"you're not actually going to tell my dad when i talk to mattia, right?" i asked her and she doesn't respond. "lauren!"

"it's fifty bucks for every time i tell him." she says and i roll my eyes.

yesterday my dad told lauren that for every time she tells him if i talked to mattia, it's fifty dollars she gets in return.

"i wouldn't do it to you." i tell her and she sighs.

"fine." she says. "but if i see any type of pda, i'm telling him."

yeah, okay.

she parks the car at school and we get off. standing in front of the school are the boys including mattia. the sight of him makes my heart beat faster and stomach feel heavier.

lauren walks straight to alejandro, but i walk straight ahead, going towards the entrance of the school. "good morning." i heard from behind as i walked into the school.

"good morning." i mutter, walking towards my locker.

"so have you thought about giving me one more chance?" he asks.

so he does remember that.

"yes." i dryly respond and i see a smile has quickly formed on his face.

"so, what do you say?" he asks.

"i'm not giving you one more chance." i tell him and the smile immediately disappears.

"wait, what?" he asks and i open my locker.

i should just tell him.

"my dad knows you cheated on me." i told him and he narrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"w-what?" he asks once again.

"my mom called my dad and told him about it, and he got mad at me for not telling him." i explained to him. "i'm also grounded."

"you're grounded for something i did?" he asks. "if you want i can talk to him, that's not fair to you." his voice softens.

"no!" i tell him as my hands somehow touch his chest. he looks down and i can tell he's trying to fight back a smile. i remove my hand and grab my books from my locker. "don't, he's pretty pissed and i just don't want anything to happen."