quarantasette

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

"you know how much i hate english." mattia tells me as i take a bite out of the burger that was given for lunch.

"okay, but it doesn't mean you can walk out of class after the teacher scolds you for something that you did." i tell him and he looks at my burger. "do you want a bite or something?" i asked him and he laughs as he shakes his head.

"no ones supposed to know this, but since we're working on trust it only makes sense to tell you." he tells me and my heart sinks.

what did he do now?

"tell me what?" i asked him.

"i'm going on tour in april." he tells me and i feel all the anxiousness flush away. "what did you think?"

"you don't wanna know." i tell him. "are you going to the west coast?" i ask him.

he nods, "i've never been to the west coast so that should be fun." he says and i choke on my drink.

"you've never been to the west coast?" i ask him and he shakes his head. "you'll like it."

"i feel like i'd like it, but i know i won't want to live there." he tells me.

"you can't say you don't want to live there if you've never been there." i told him.

"i'm east coast for life." he responds.

"where do you want to live?" i asked him.

"new york." he quickly answers and i laugh at his quick response.

"i've never been there." i told him and now he's the one with the wide eyes.

"you're judging me for not going to the west coast when you've never been to new york?" he asks and i roll my eyes. "you're missing out."

"am i now?" i laugh and he nods.

"apart from how noisy it is and the dirty streets, it's not that bad." he says.

"is it actually that dirty?" i ask him and he nods.

"you see rats sizes you didn't know they could be." he says. "if you're not grounded by that time, you should go to the new york event." he says referring to his tour.

"yes because i'm going to pay one hundred something dollars to see you at an event when i can see you at school for free." i tell him and he smiles.

"i never said anything about going to see me." he says with a smug smile and i hide my smile.

"i just assumed." i responded and he sarcastically nodded.

"keep telling yourself that." he says. "but as i was saying, if you go i could show you around."

"well i'm grounded for four weeks and if he finds out i'm even sitting with you during lunch, he's going to extend it." i tell him.

"i really think you should let me talk to him." he tells me.

"no." i firmly tell him. "i don't want him doing or saying something bad."

"it's not like i don't deserve it." he tells me and i look at him. "i'm not trying to ask for pity, it's just the truth. if it were my daughter i'd beat her ex's ass too." he says. "but thankfully i'm not having a daughter."

"why not?" i ask him and he shrugs.

"i see how guys don't respect girls and take advantage of them." he says. "our parents think we trust them but there's always shit you don't tell them and i just feel like i wouldn't be able to handle all the things that could happen to her."

"so if you have a daughter you're going to abandon her?" i ask him, slightly offended by his words.

it's really not that deep to have a daughter, i don't get why guys trip over it.

he smiles before tilting his head, "why are you so worked up about it?" he asks.

i know what he's trying to do.

"because as a daughter i'm offended." i crosses my arms.

"sure." he says. "but no i'm not going to leave my daughter, i'm just talking about preference."

he better be talking about just preference.

i finish eating my food and we walk out of the cafeteria together. the bell rings in about ten ish minutes so we decide to walk around the school.

"i still can't believe you've never been to new york." he tells me and i shake my head. "what about italy?" he asks.

"nope." i tell him and he gasps.

he's so dramatic.

"how the fuck did we date?" he asks and i laugh as i lightly hit his arm. "i'm taking you to italy one day." he says.

"shut up." i chuckle and he stops walking.

"i promise i'll take you to italy one day." he says and sticks his pinky out.

"shut up and keep walking." i tell him and he grabs my hand.

"whether we're friends or anything else, i'm still taking you." he says and i look at his finger before sighing and wrapping my finger with him, kissing it right after.

"making a promise you don't know if you can even keep." i tell him and he laughs.

"my family and i go to italy every year, trust me when i say i can keep this promise." he says.

i laugh, "trust is a funny word coming from you." i tell him and the bell rings.

"you're gonna keep torturing me, huh?" he asks as we reach my class.

"mhm." i nod as i enter and he follows behind me.

+

author's notes
lil mattison moment or w.e but y'all i'm having an endoscopy tomorrow and i'm nervous as FUCKK if you've ever had an endoscopy pls tell me your experience i'm super fucking nervous LMAOSKSJA anyways i'm gonna updates more often i know i always say this and then take 2 weeks to update but I MEAN IT i love you guys pls excuse any grammatical errors