quindici

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

mattia

"i just hope i get to be cheer captain by senior year." jenna says.

i feel a phone vibrate on the phone and i see 'mads 😡' on lauren's phone.

lauren grabs the phone and answers "hey bi-" she says with a smile but quickly changing her expression. "wait what?" she asked. "okay calm down?"

"what's wrong?" i asked her and she wouldn't answer.

"put it on speaker." alejandro said and lauren puts the phone on speaker.

"he's not answering the phone lauren i don't know what to do." madison says through the other line.

"okay m, just calm down he said he'd be home soon so just give it some time." lauren says. "how long has he been out for?"

"three hours." she responds.

"wow okay, um." lauren says. "he said you can't go madison, don't go." she says.

"do you think he's dead?" she asks him and lauren scoffs.

"mariano? dead? please, he's kill someone before they get the chance to hurt him." she says and i chuckle.

yeah right.

"who's there?" madison asks and i freeze.

"alejandro, mattia, and jenna." she said. "also, pink fairies are cute." she added and we all grew confused.

"what?" madison said through the line "ohh." she says and then laughs. "well, tell alejandro i said hi."

"hi madison, i miss you." he says.

"i miss you too dickhead, you don't even visit miami." she says and alejandro laughs.

"i could say the same." he says and she laughs.

"i think i'm gonna wait a while, maybe he's-" she says. "my dad's calling, i'll call you later." and with that, she hangs up.

"very disrespectful of her to say hi to only
alejandro." jenna says.

"why would she say hi to her cheating ex boyfriend and her cheating ex boyfriends ex." lauren said and jenna crosses her arms.

"girlfriend." she corrects lauren.

she's so delusional.

"whatever helps you sleep at night." lauren smiles and jenna grows angry.

"i think i'm going to call an uber, i'm tired." jenna says as she gets up.

"i can take you home if you want." i offer and she shakes her head.

"i'm good, i'll see you tomorrow." she says and she kisses my lips before she goes.

"final fucking ly." lauren says. "she can't be that good in bed for you to keep her around."

i laugh, if lauren wasn't such a bitch maybe we'd be better friends.

"what happened with madison?" i asked her.

"mariano left to do something and he's still not home." lauren says and i narrow my eyebrows.

"why is she so worried about that?" alejandro asks.

"i can't say." lauren says and i roll my eyes.

"why not?" i ask.

"because it's not something that the public knows about." lauren says, referring to his fans.

"and who are we gonna tell?" alejandro asks.

"i'm not worried about you, i'm worried about him." she says referring to me.

"what?" i ask. "i'm not going to say anything."

"knowing you, you'd use this as a way to defend yourself." lauren says.

"what the fuck." i say. "i swear i'm not going to say anything."

"not sure if i could trust you knowing the choices you've made." lauren says and i scoff.

"you're the pettiest person i know." i said as i grew annoyed.

"only because madison isn't here to defend herself." she said.

"just say it for me." alejandro says.

"you can't say anything." she tells us.

"he's in a gang and he's in it deeply and he told madison something happened to his friend and he has to go fix it." she says and i can't believe what she's saying.

"you're such a liar." i said as i rolled my eyes.

"you wanna talk about liars?" she crossed her arms. "i'm not lying."

"does she like mariano?" alejandro asked and madison shrugged.

"i don't know, but she doesn't have to like him to care about him." she says and i nod.

"holy shit i didn't know he was in a gang." alejandro says.

"and no one else will know, right?" she asks us.

"yes." i respond.

author's note
chapter idea: lopezEsmeM 🤍