nove

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄

madison

we were on the last set of the volleyball game. the other team had one two sets and we won the other two sets so we needed a tie breaker.

losing this game would be embarrassing. especially after everything we've all worked for, this is exactly what our team deserves.

my position's middle blocker and lauren's libero since she's short and better at defense.

we were wearing our red uniform while lauren was wearing her white uniform. the other team was ready to serve before throwing the ball over.

we go back and forth, the ball never touching the ground. the gym is filled with people and i could hear mar and samy trash talk the other team.

"i can see your wedgie from here!" he yells at them and i laugh in my head.

"it's out!" samy yells and they both laugh.

i could see the other team getting ready to set so i prepare myself to jump and spike the ball towards the ground. successfully doing so, the team tries to save it but the ball goes out of line.

we cheer and scream as we gather in a circle and hug each other. "and that is on what?" said lauren.

"period." i said and we all laugh.

"good job ladies!" our coach said. "you brought us another state championship." she said. "i'm so proud of you all."

lauren and i grab our stuff and we notice mar and samy walking towards us. "you blocked the fuck out of her." mariano said.

"you guys kept on trash talking them." i mentioned and they both laugh.

"we're the reason you guys won." samy said. "without our trash talk, the team would've focused and probably would've won."

i crossed my arms, "so are you saying we're bad?" i raised my eyebrows and mar covers his mouth.

"i take it back, you guys are amazing." he says and i chuckle.

"if you'll excuse me, i have a flight to prepare for tomorrow and i have to get ready." lauren says. "i'll text you later, m!" she says as she walks away and i nod.

"i'm gonna head out too and hang out with the boys. i'll see you later mar, bye madison." samy says his farewells before walking away.

"quite a game today." he says as he grabs my volleyball bag and slings it over his shoulder.

"i'm just glad the seasons over and i no longer have to stay after school." i tell him. "and it's also winter break which means christmas and new years and new years means january which means my birthday." i tell him with a smile.

"which means you moving back to new jersey." he adds. "you're gonna leave me huh?"

"don't tell me you're attached." i joke around with him and he lightly pushes me.

"me? never." he responds and i roll my eyes.

"i honestly forgot about moving back to jersey, i'm just excited to turn eighteen." i tell him.

now that i think of it, i can't wait to move back to jersey.

"i can't believe i'm going to miss you." he says and i laugh.

"well." i told him. "are you doing anything on christmas?" i ask him.

he shakes his head, "no, why?" he asked me.