quattordici

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

alejandro and lauren agreed to go on a double date with mattia and jenna. lauren did not want to do this, but she knew i could get something out of jenna and mattia while spending time with her boyfriend.

"so for how long have you guys been together?" jenna asked alejandro and lauren.

"six months." alejandro responded.

"aw, you guys are still in the honeymoon phase." she said and lauren rolled my eyes. she grabbed onto mattia's arm, "i remember we were in the honeymoon phase, but i'm glad we're over it because i know i want to spend the rest of my life with him."

lauren laughed and alejandro hit her knee with his. "and for how long have you guys been together?" lauren asked jenna.

"two years." she responded and now alejandro was the one laughing.

"since when?" alejandro said as he looked at mattia who was on his phone until jenna said those words.

"yeah, since when?" mattia asked.

"you don't remember? we were together all of my freshman year and broke up before school started, then we dated again-"

"for like a week at most." mattia added.

"and then we took a small six months break and look at us now." she said with a smile. "if you do the math, it's two years."

"i wasn't aware we were a couple." mattia said and jenna rolled her eyes.

"anyways, how's madison?" jenna asked lauren.

lauren glared at jenna before crossing her arms, "since when do you care?" lauren responded.

"it's a genuine question, i haven't heard about that girl in a while." jenna smiled and mattia coughed.

"i think your eyeliner is smudged you should probably go fix it." mattia said as he smudged her eyeliner in attempt to make it look like he was fixing it.

jenna quickly grabbed her purse and went straight to the bathroom. "thank you for doing the right thing for once." lauren said.

"dude what the fuck is this?" alejandro asked mattia as he showed him the video he posted.

mattia shrugged, "what does it look like?" he said.

lauren got close to alejandro's phone and laughed. "real subtle." she says. "using the same caption as her to make her jealous."

mattia rolled his eyes, "the caption was a coincidence." he responded.

"and of all the videos to choose from to put with that caption, you chose one of you and jenna. the girl you cheated on her with." lauren said. "i should drop kick you right now."

"okay!" alejandro said as he grabbed her shoulders. "i think you should calm down."

"it's fine, it didn't hurt my feelings." mattia said.

"you wanna know what's gonna hurt?" lauren said as she tried getting up but alejandro grabbed her.

"mattia, just admit it. you're not over madison." alejandro says.

"yes i am." mattia responded as he scratched his neck.

"stop lying." lauren said. "you've lied enough, don't lie to yourself now."

"why don't you tell her?" alejandro asks and mattias eyes widened.

"when i tried telling her ten months ago, i never got a text back." mattia said and lauren coughed her drink as she laughed.

"i'm sorry." she said as she grabbed a napkin and cleaned her face. "you're blocked on her phone."

mattia's heart sunk. it hurt him to know he caused that much damage to her. the only thing he wanted to do was fix it, but he knows she's happier now.

he shrugged, "i honestly don't care anymore."

"care about what?" said jenna as she sat down on the chair.

"about english class." mattia said.

mattia couldn't believe madison blocked him. there were so many things he told her that day and he always wondered why she never responded.

he knows he posted that video of him and jenna just to get madison jealous and he wished he could know if it worked.

as much as mattia will never verbally admit it to anyone, he still loves madison and hasn't been able to fully move on. ever since she was first seen with mariano, he's had a 'fake it til you make it' mentality which is why he always acts like he doesn't care.

that's the closest thing he'll get to genuinely feeling like he doesn't care. he wished he wasn't so caught up on her, but he knew exactly why. she was the first girl to show him what love feels like.

it was different with madison. better, too. he let her down when she needed him the most. he cheated on her the same day she needed him to comfort her after receiving such terrible news.

he broke all the promises he ever made, every little pinky promise they always shared whenever they promised each other something, was thrown down the drain.

and like that, he found himself regretful of his actions every single night.