venti

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝚓𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 10

madison

i walked into school and saw mariano talking to one of his friends. the guy's hair was braided into cornrows and he had a tattoo sleeve on both of his arms.

(a/n: i'm not sure if that's offensive or not so if that hairstyle has a different name please let me know <3)

i internally rolled my eyes seeing how involved mariano is in his gang. i walked up to them and greeted them, "i'll catch up with you later." mariano told him and the dude nodded.

he looked at me and smirked before walking away. what the fuck.

"who is that?" i asked him.

"that's angelo." mariano replies. "you're almost eighteen, how do you feel?" he asked me as we walked to my locker.

"i'm excited." i said. "so i made a decision."

"and what's your decision?" he asked as he leaned against the locker next to mine.

"i want to move back to new jersey." i told him and his face dropped he smiled.

"if it makes you happy, then i'm happy." he says. "who am i supposed to text at three in morning if i ever need to get the job done?" he joked and i laughed.

"i hate you." i told him.

"seriously though, as long as you're happy that's all that matters." he tells me. "you'll always know where to find me."

i smiled and gave him a hug, "thank you mariano." i told him. "who would've known you'd be such a softie?" i told him and he lightly pushed me off.

"alright that's enough affection for the day." he said and i laughed. "there's a party tomorrow."

"and you want me to go?" i asked him and he nods.

"it's the last miami party before you leave." he says and i sigh.

"i guess i can go." i told him. "i have to ask my mom but i'm sure she'll let me go."

"let me know if anything." he says. "my charm will help convince her."

"yeah i'm going to class." i say and he laughs.

"text me!" he says from across the hall and i give him a thumb up before walking into my class.

+

author's notes
believe it or not, this chapter is important