quarantadue

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

mattia

it was about four in the afternoon as i walked up to madison's front door step and knocked on the door. expecting for madison to be the one to open the door, i see lauren.

she looks down at the flowers in my hand and back up at me. "you better not break her heart again." she says all of a sudden and i chuckle.

"hello to you too." i tell her as i walk inside. "where's madison?" i asked her and she pointed upstairs.

lauren was drinking coffee in the kitchen as she scrolled through her phone. "what are you and alejandro doing today?" i asked her.

"he's taking me out to dinner." she replied.

i look up the stairs before looking back at lauren, "do you think she trusts me?" i ask lauren, referring to madison.

i know i fucked up big time, but i wish madison could trust me like she used to before. i really do mean it when i say i love and trust her and i'm just so afraid of her not feeling the same anymore.

"she doesn't trust you like she used to, but with time she'll get there." lauren said. "you just can't keep any secrets from her and you have to be completely honest with her too."

i know i have to tell her all my secrets, but she was the one who started with the secrets. i acted impulsively but i never kept a single secret from madison.

"stop stressing it." lauren says as if she read my mind. "just enjoy your day with her and show her how much you love her." she says.

within minutes, madison comes down with a beach bag and a volleyball. her face dropped when she saw the flowers in my hand and she quickly ran down the stairs.

"i thought we said no gifts!" she said as she pouted her bottom lip.

"it's valentine's day, i had to bring you something." i tell her and she smiles before kissing my cheek.

"they're beautiful, thank you." she says as she grabs them and smells them.

"we should get going." i said.

"bye lauren." madison said as i waved at lauren.

"have fun but not too much fun." she smirked before winking at us.

we walked out the front door and got in my car. as soon as i sat inside, i see madison with a heart shaped box of chocolates in her hands.

i smile at her before raising my eyebrows, "what happened to no gifts?" i asked and she grins.

"it's valentine's day, i had to get you something." she smirks and i lean in a give her a kiss but she turns her face. "we're taking things slow."

our faces our inches apart and i look at her lips before looking back up at her eyes.

"we weren't taking things slow at that party." i tell her referring to the party she went to when she came back to new jersey.

she holds in a smile before leaning back on her seat. "i was drunk that day." she says and i laugh before turning the car on.

"drunk and horny." i added and she smacks my arm. "so are we playing volleyball?" i asked her as i looked at the volleyball on her lap.

she nodded, "last time we went on a date we played soccer so we're playing my sport." she smiled. she still remembers that.

i drove as my playlist filled the silence in the car until i finally arrived to the beach. we both got down and walked towards the sand.