sessantatré

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐀

madison

"polibio!" we heard from afar as mattia and i ate our lunch together. we looked up to see mattia's soccer friends approach us. "party tonight before you leave. you have to go." his friend says and mattia looks at me, stealing one of my chips.

"i don't have to go." he tells his friends and i continue to eat my chips.

"she can go too." his friends say referring to me.

"she's not going." mattia answers for me and i narrow my eyebrows.

"excuse me?" i asked him.

"you're not allowed to go to parties." he said.

"that was before i left." i responded.

"we'll think about it." he responded to his friends as they walked away. "i don't want you going to a party."

"well, you don't tell me what to do." i tell him with a sarcastic smile but his face is serious.

"you know i'm only saying it to protect you." he says.

"i've literally been to a party here." i tell him. "do i have to remind you what happened at the party?"

he smiled as his cheeks turned red, "fine, we'll go to the party but no drinks." he says.

"mattia, you're not my dad." i say as i cross my arms and he crosses his arms to mock me.

"but i'm basically your boyfriend and i'm only doing it for your own good." he says in the same tone as me and i couldn't help but smile.

"you're not my boyfriend." i said.

"i said basically not literally." he points out and i roll my eyes.

"you still have a lot to prove." i remind him.

"i know and i'm working on it." he says. "part of proving myself is not going to that party."

"how?" i ask him.

"your dad's gonna kill me if he finds out you're going to a party because of me." he says.

he's not wrong.

"we literally went to new york without him finding out." i said and he laughs.

"you're right but still." he says. "how about we ditch the party and stay in?"

"the party is literally for you and the boys." i said. "i'll stay home and you go."

"or we both stay home." he says and i shake my head.

"at least go and spend some time with them." i say. "i'll be fine."

he sighs, "i'll go for a little bit." he says. "i made an appointment for my tattoo." he says and my eyes go wide.

"you're getting it?" i exclaimed and he laughed at my excitement. "i didn't think you would actually do it."

"are you calling me a pussy?" he asked and i laughed.

"when's your appointment?" i asked him.

"the day after my birthday." he says. "i have to wait until i'm eighteen."

i laughed, "imagine not being eighteen." i drank out of my capri sun.

"says the one who's literally eating what i ate in elementary." he says and i laugh.

"don't act like you weren't eating from my chips a few minutes ago." i tell him.

"fuck, i really don't want to go to that party without you." he brings it up again.