quarantaquattro

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

i woke up and checked my phone only to see three missed calls from my mom. she's gonna be so mad at me now.

i look brush my teeth and walk downstairs only to see my dad and raquel eating breakfast. i look outside the window and see my car parked in perfect condition.

"good morning." i chirp as i hug them both.

"how'd you sleep?" raquel asked.

"good, i woke up to a couple of missed calls from my mom." i said and she looks over at my dad before giving me a hopeful smile.

"i'm gonna organize our room." she tells my dad and my dad nods as he drinks coffee from his mug.

raquel gets up from her seat and walks up the stairs. "are you okay?" i asked him.

he's been awfully quiet and it's honestly making me so uncomfortable. he's always in a cheery mood, greeting me in the mornings and it's weird not seeing him do it.

"why don't you take a seat?" he tells me and i slowly sit down, not knowing what's about to happen.

"you're scaring me." i manage to laugh in attempt to ease up the tension in the room.

"did mattia cheat on you?" he abruptly asks and i swear i feel my heart stop beating.

how the fuck does he know that? i don't know if i should lie or not.

"why are you-"

"don't you dare even lie to me, madison elena cecaro." i cringe at his use of my middle name and i can tell he's being serious. "answer me."

fuck, fuck, fuck.

"yes, he did." i tell him and he grabs his hair in frustration.

"why didn't you tell me?" he asked me. "i had to wake up to a call from your mother saying your little sister saw a post about someone revealing the real reason why you guys broke up."

"i didn't want you to change your opinion about him." i defend and he scoffs.

"do you not trust me, madison?" he asks me.

trust isn't exactly something i'm not having a problem with.

"since the moment you learned how to talk we would tell each other everything." he says. "whether it was why you prefer math over reading or white roses than red roses, we would tell each other everything."

tears begin to form in my eyes as i see hurt and anger in his eyes. if i was him, i'd be just as mad too. i wouldn't want my daughter to keep something like this from me, especially if she's seen him after he did it.

"i'm sorry it was just something i wanted to keep to myself." i told him and he scoffed.

"you're not seeing him anymore." he tells me and somehow the tears managed to stop running down my cheeks as my eyes snap up to meet his.

"what?" i asked in disbelief.

i know mattia and i aren't in good terms, but i wouldn't want to stop talking to him. he means so much to me and he's unavoidable since we're in the same friend group.

"i don't want you seeing someone who couldn't respect you enough to be loyal in the relationship." he says and i shake my head.

"you can't do that to me!" i say a little too loud and he looks taken aback by the volume of my voice.