sessantasette

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

mattia walked up to madison's front door and anxiously knocked on the door. his mind was racing with thoughts like,

"what if he hates me?"

"what if he doesn't approve of me?"

"what if he decides to beat the shit out of me?"

this conversation with mason had a lot of meaning to him. he felt nervous, but he did not want to show it to madison's dad. he wanted to show him confidence and how much he's sure of his love for madison.

the front door opened and he's immediately greeted by a smiling madison. "hey." she softly greets him and he smiles at her and kisses her cheek.

"hey, where's your dad?" he asked her as he looked around.

"he's outside, i'll let him know you're here." she adds and he nods in response.

madison walked outside to her backyard and let her father know that mattia was outside. she walked back inside and stood in front of mattia. "everything will be fine." she told him as she rubbed him arm and he nodded.

"i wanna kiss you so bad." he told her as he looked at her lips that were looking extra pink today.

"too bad you can't." she stuck her tongue out at him and he laughed at her childish act.

"why can't i?" he asked.

"you're really gonna kiss me in front of my dad?" she asked. "you're actually insane if you say yes."

he rolled his eyes and decided to not kiss her for his own sake. soon enough, mason walks inside and madison looks at him. "i'll leave you two to it." she says as he squeezes mattia's hand and walks up the stairs to her room.

"take a seat." mason told mattia. "you want some water?" mason asked and mattia politely declined.

"i wanted to say thank you for giving me a chance to properly explain everything to you." mattia thanks him. "other than madison, you also deserve to know what happened and why i did what i did."

"i'm gonna be honest, i didn't want to talk to you." mason bluntly said. "but raquel made a few valid points and i'd be lying if i said you don't make madison happy." he admitted and mattia felt thankful for raquel.

he was worried that raquel might have told him about their encounter from the other day, but madison would've told him if things went left.

"i really want to be with madison. you have no idea how much she means to me. what i did to her will haunt me for the rest of my life, but she's the only person i see myself with." mattia expresses his feelings to mason.

"you didn't think that when you cheated on her." mason snaps back.

"so that's where madison gets her pettiness from." mattia thought to himself.

"some guy i used to hate tried to kiss madison. she hid it from me because she knew i hated him and a fight would happen. she didn't tell me and i had to find out for myself through a text message on her phone." mattia explains. "there was no context to the text message and i immediately thought something happened between them." he further explains. "it's still no reason to have cheated on her, but i did it cause i was hurt and i felt betrayed even though nothing had happened. she didn't trust me enough to tell me and i felt awful and insecure about myself."

"wait, i didn't know about that." mason's face changes.

"if madison hasn't told you it's cause she doesn't want you to know, so i think it's best if we keep this between us." mattia said and mason nodded in agreement. "but like i was saying, i felt awful and after she caught me i felt like a piece of shit. i cheated on the only woman besides my mom who genuinely cares about me because i was too insecure." he says. "i really don't plan on hurting your daughter like that ever again and if i do i will never speak to her again because i won't deserve it." he says.

mason sighs as he takes all the information in. "i know you feel genuine love for her and you do have her best interest at heart, but i can't forgive you for cheating on her. i understand why you had a misunderstanding because i probably would've thought the same thing too." mason says. "i can't sit here and say you're the only one to blame because unfortunately you're not." he says with a small chuckle. "i've always believed you guys were going to end up together since the moment you guys first dated and i really want to give you a second chance."

mattia's heart pumped out of his chest as those words left mason's mouth. "i- wow, thank you so much." mattia said.

"but," mason said. "you break her heart again and i swear you'll never see her again." he says. "and i mean literally."

mattia nervously laughs and nods, "that sounds fair." he says and mason shakes his hand. "thank you again, mason. i won't disappoint you."

"also, don't tell madison about me giving you a second chance." mason said. "i think it'll mean more if it comes from me."

"i agree." mattia says as he stood up. "thank you again."

"stop thanking me kid." mason said as he patted mattia's back and followed him to the door.

the said their goodbyes before mason closed the front door and locked it. he walked upstairs to madison's room and knocked.

"come in!" she said from the other side of the door.

mason opened the door and walked inside. "so, i talked to mattia." he said and madison say up from her laying position.

"and?" she asked as she waited for answers.

"i didn't forgive him for cheating on you and nor will i ever." he tells her and her face drops as her hopes fell down. "but i gave him a second chance to prove himself."

her eyes widen and she smiles, "no way!" she yelled as she threw her arms over her dad's shoulders. "thank you, thank you, thank you." she says. "you have no idea how much this means to me."

"yeah, i know i'm a good dad you don't have to tell me twice." he says as he brushes his shoulders.

"you are." she says. "i promise to not be as stupid this time." she says and he laughs.

"don't disappoint me." he jokingly warns her before walking towards the door. "oh, and he's invited to the wedding."

+

author's note
triple update cause yall deserve it. IVE MISSED YALL BRUH. i always ask you guys for your opinion on drama with mattia but i never ask how you guys are sooo HOW HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN? how's the pandemic treating you? how's school? how are you really feeling? i love you guys :') ❤️