ventiquattro

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

mariano drove lauren and i to the airport. the entire car ride, he was bummed out. we got to the airport and mariano parked the car on the side and helped us with out luggages.

"so this is it." mariano says and i nod.

lauren gives mariano a hug. "you'll be missed." she says and mariano chuckles as he hugs her back. "i'll leave you two alone." lauren says and i nod before she walks away.

mariano pulls me into a hug, "stay out of trouble." i told him and he squeezed me hard.

"just for you i will." he said. "i'm gonna miss you being on top of my ass for everything."

i chuckled, "i only did that for your own good." i defended myself and he laughed.

"i know." he said. "i wasn't gonna tell you this but since you're leaving i guess i can tell you."

i narrowed my eyebrows, clearly confused at what he was talking about. "what?" i asked him.

"i really liked you madison." he says and my heart drops.

i knew it.

"mariano." i told him and he shushed me.

"i know." he says. "you don't do relationships which is why i never mentioned it to you, but i just wanted to thank you because you made me feel so welcomed during the holidays." he told me.

"you're a good guy mar." i told him. "that's why i'm always complaining about you being in a gang." i told him.

"it's the closest thing i have to a family." he tells me and my heart breaks.

i pull him into a hug, embracing his scent. "i'm really going to miss you." i told him.

he pulls away and grabs my face, one hand on either side of my cheek. "please
be careful at the parties over there and don't take him back." he tells me, referring to mattia.

i playfully rolled my eyes. "my drink isn't going to get spiked." i told him and he chuckled.

we looked into each other's eyes before he connects our lips. this wasn't our typical kiss with a quick pace. it was slow, almost as if we were enjoying every minute of it.

"i'm gonna go before i confess my feelings for you." i joked and he laughs before hugging me again.

"have fun and have a safe flight." he said and i nodded.

"bye." i said.

"bye madison." he responded before we let go and i walked away.

i walked into the airport and lauren had a look of shock on her face. "you guys should've dated." she told me.

"lauren." i told her. "shut up." i jokingly told her and she pushed me.

+

a flight and baggage claim later, we finally walked out of the airport. "did you tell alejandro to pick us up?" i asked her and she shook her head.

"he doesn't know i'm here." lauren said and i narrowed my eyebrows.

"so then who's picking us up?" i asked her and she pointed to the front.

my dad and raquel were standing in front of my car. i gasped before running over to him and jumping on to him. "dad!" i yelled as i hugged him tightly.

i haven't seen my dad ever since i left.

"oh my god how i've missed you." he said as he hugged me.

"raquel!" i said as i hugged her.

"how are you honey?" she asked me.

"way better now that i'm back." i told her.

my dad helped put our luggages in the trunk of the car. "i already enrolled both of you into passaic valley yesterday." my dad said and lauren clapped.

"i'm so excited." lauren said.

"yeah same." i sarcastically said.

"does mattia know you're back?" my dad asked me and i shook my head. "why don't you invite him over for dinner?"

"no!" i abruptly said. "i haven't talked to him in a long time dad and i'm over him."

"well, it'll just us for dinner then." he smiled and i nodded.

+

author's notes
poor mar :( expect more updates because i already know what i'm going to write up to chapter 36 <33