quarantatre

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

it's been six days since mattia and i last talked. no call. no text. no voicemail. nothing.

the first two days, i hadn't seen him at school. i didn't ask the boys because if he doesn't care enough to call me, why should i care at all? if he really cared and wants to work on our relationship again like he claims he does, he would've talked to me.

then he finally came to school. it was weird at first since we sat together in our math and english class but thankfully our seats weren't permanent and we sat away from each other.

i was on my way out of school when i felt a hand slightly brush my shoulder. i turn around and lock eyes with a green eyed boy.

"hey madison i know this is weird since we barely know each other, but are you doing anything tonight?" josh diaz asked me.

"no, not really why?" i asked him.

the only time josh ever talks to me is when i'm with mattia. it's kind of weird talking to josh without mattia next to me.

"well there's a party tonight and i would love for you to go." he says and i almost laugh at what he says.

"why do you think i should go?" i asked him and he shrugged.

"i'd like to get to know you and i think a party is a good start." he smiles and i can't help but smile back.

his eyes are a beautiful greenish blueish color. his arms are very toned and his body's fit. i'd be lying if i said he isn't attractive. but he's not mattia.

from afar i can notice mattia walking down the stairs of the front entrance with his headphones plugged into his ears. he takes a brief look at josh and i and it almost looks like he hesitates on coming over here. he walks towards his friends, facing towards me.

"i'll have to think about it." i respond to josh's question.

"can i get your number?" he asks and i look over at mattia and back at josh.

as much as i want to hate mattia right now, it would completely crush him if i were to talk to josh.

"don't let him control you." my subconscious says.

josh and mattia do not get along and i know they still have some sort of bad blood aside from it being caused by josh dating jenna.

"maybe at the party." i said before walking away towards my car.

"you can't get to the party without an address." he says and i stop in my tracks and turn around, crossing my arms.

he walks closer to me and i sigh before uncrossing my arms and handing him my phone. "only because i don't know the address." i told him and he chuckles.

"so i'll see you tonight?" he asks.

"don't bet on it." i said before walking away completely this time.

+

"i like to call it being fashionably late." lauren says as she looks in the mirror of my car.

i park the car in front of the house the party's taking place at and get out. this place is huge. there's red cups lying on the front lawn, front door is open. this place is packed.

i walk inside with lauren and we both look around for familiar faces. lauren and i walk over towards the boys and i notice mattia's no where to be found.