sessantotto

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

"i'm outside." mattia said as i grabbed my purse and hurried out the door.

"okay, i'll be out in a minute." i said as i hung up and grabbed everything.

mattia planned a last minute date for us the same day he talked to my dad. he wanted to celebrate for managing to leave my house with a black eye.

dramatic, i know.

"i'm leaving!" i said as i walked down the stairs.

"where?" lauren yelled.

"i don't know, it's with mattia." i replied.

"have fun!" lauren yelled.

"be home before eleven!" my dad yelled from upstairs as well.

i walked out the front door and locked it before walking towards mattia's car. i get inside the car and without hesitation, i grab the back of his neck and pull him into a deep kiss.

we both pull away and smile, "what was that for?" he licks his lips as he looks at me.

"for everything." i told him. "you talked to my dad for us and i just wanted to thank you."

"damn, i should talk to your dad more often." he says and i smile before kissing him again.

"where are we going?" i asked him and he shrugged.

"i actually don't have anything planned." he said. "i just wanted to spend time with you."

i gasp, "mattia polibio doesn't have a surprise up his sleeve?" i asked. "i'm shocked."

"haha, very funny." he sarcastically responds. "you come up with something."

"how about we just get something to eat and then just drive around?" i suggest and he switches the car to drive.

"your wish is my command." he smiles and he grabs his phone to connect the bluetooth audio. "i have the perfect song."

the familiar flute of a song plays and i look at him as he's smiling with his eyes on the road. "you didn't think i'd forget this is our song right?" he asks.

"you made it very clear you did not forget that song at social bash." i laughed as i memories of him dancing and singing on stage played in my mind. "you know when we broke up, i couldn't listen to this song and i hated it."

"why did you hate it?" he asks. "other than the obvious."

"because you ruined such a good song for me." i told him.

"well, you can start loving it again." he says. "i know, i know, i know that you're drunk."

"tell me what you want after this club." i sing. "you know i get nasty."

"i know." he says and i smack his arm.

we continue to drive and listen to the song until we reach a local restaurant that sells burgers. we both get down the car and enter the restaurant.

"hi, what can i get you guys for today?" the waiter behind the cash register asks us.

"i'll get a burger with everything on it except pickles." mattia says.

"and to drink?" he asks mattia.

"lemonade." he responds.

"okay, and for you?" he asks me.

"i'll get a burger but with no cheese or pickles." i tell him and mattia looks at me wide-eyed. "and with a lemonade." i tell him and he nods as he taps the screen.