One

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

PONYBOY CURTIS STIRRED in his sleep. He opened his eyes to reveal the sun shining through his curtains. He looked over his shoulder to see his brother Sodapop was gone, meaning he was awake.

Ponyboy sat up rubbing his eyes, he stood up and stretched his arms out, yawning. He grabbed a random t-shirt he found in his drawer and slipped his jeans on.

He grabbed his shoes and he walked out of his room, once he walked out of the room he was hit with the smell of bacon. He walked towards the kitchen and found his older brother Darry making breakfast.

"Hey kiddo, sleep good?" Darry asked him, "Yeah." Ponyboy nodded setting his shoes down by the kitchen table and sitting down.

Darry placed a plate of eggs and bacon in front of Ponyboy, "Thanks." he mumbled and began picking at his eggs.

Sodapop came rushing in, his hair dripping wet. He grabbed a piece of bacon off the plate and rushed out of the kitchen searching for his shoes.

"Hurry up and eat, you got school." Darry said leaving the kitchen and Ponyboy nodded. He finished up the last of his eggs and slipped his shoes on.

He walked into the living room and scanned the room looking for his backpack.

"Hey Pony."

Johnny Cade, Ponyboy's best friend walked into the house. "Hey Johnny," Ponyboy said searching the living room, "Whatchu looking for?" Johnny asked.

"My backpack." Ponyboy answered looking behind the couch, "Oh, it's over by the door," Johnny said pointing at the door.

Ponyboy looked over at the door and spotted his backpack, "Thanks Johnny." Ponyboy said patting Johnny on the shoulder and grabbing his backpack.

Johnny gave him a small smile and he stood over by the door waiting for Ponyboy so they could walk to school.

"Hey, Darry I'm leaving!" Ponyboy shouted and Darry peeked his head out of the bathroom, "Okay, be good and stay out of trouble." Darry said pointing a finger at the two.

"Yeah, yeah, I know the rules." Ponyboy rolled his eyes and they walked out of the house.

Halfway to the school Dallas Winston joined the two, Dallas was one of their friends.

"Hey Dally," Johnny greeted as Dallas showed up, lighting a cigarette. "Sup Johnny."

"You goin to school Dal?" Ponyboy asked him, "Nah, school's for losers, I'm heading into town." Dally responded and they nodded.

The boys walked in silence to the school, although that silence was quickly disturbed by shouting coming from a nearby house.

They stopped in their tracks as they saw a girl stomp out of her house shouting a few things.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?!" She shouted waving her hands in the air, next thing a shoe is flying towards the girl.

She quickly ducked and she looked back her mouth wide open, "Fuck you!" She shouted and she stomped off the porch and towards the gate.

She opened the gate and she stepped onto the sidewalk, she stopped once she noticed the boys watching.

"What are you looking at?" She snapped at them and they stayed quiet their eyebrows raised. She walked ahead of them, also going to school.