Twenty two

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

AFTER SKYE FINISHED yelling at Soda, she walked all the way home. The whole walk home she thought about her and Soda. What was going to happen to them?

They were finally able to be together and now that was being taken away, and what made it even worse was that it was because of Sandy.

That girl just wouldn't let them be happy.

She didn't want to be the reason that kept Soda from his kid. A kid needed their parent, she knew that all too well.

She had no choice but to back off, as much as she hated the thought. She had no choice.

She didn't sleep that night just thinking about the whole situation. They had finally worked things out and now everything was fucked up once again.

It's like the universe was keeping them apart.

She got up extra early and took a long warm shower to calm her nerves. She made herself some breakfast and then she cleaned up around the house, she even made some breakfast for her mom.

She left a note saying that she was going for a walk and she left the house. She decided to go to the DX, knowing that the boss would be there at that time. She was supposed to talk to him about the job yesterday but she had totally forgotten.

She just hoped Soda put in a good word for her.

She arrived at the DX and it was still closed since it was too early, she knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it.

The door opened and a man came out, "Can I help you?" He asked cocking a brow at the girl. "Hi, yeah I'm here to apply for a job, my names Skye Hart," Skye said holding her hand out for him to shake.

"Oh right, right, Soda told me about you, it's nice to meet you come in," the man said shaking her hand and gesturing for her to go inside.

She smiled and walked in, "Have you worked in a gas station before?" The man asked and Skye shook her head, "No, but I worked in a diner for two years," Skye said.

"That's good enough for me, my names Chet Andrews but you can call me Chet." Chet introduced himself, Skye smiled at the man.

"Nice to meet you Chet."

"Alright well since I'm desperate for workers, you're hired," Chet said and Skye grinned, "Great, thank you!" She exclaimed.

"Can you start today?"

"Yeah, yeah I can start today." Skye nodded and Chet grinned, "Great, welcome to the team Skye."

Skye smiled brightly.

After that Skye went home and got ready for work, Chet said that he would get her schedule fixed up so she can have official working hours.