Thirty one

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

THESE LAST FEW weeks have been great. Skye was doing good in school, her and Soda were as happy as ever, and Skye had even started spending more time with her mom now that she was sober.

She had been sober for a months now and Skye couldn't have been prouder. She talked to her mom about her parents and how she put their killers in jail.

For the first time in years, her mom told her she was proud of her. She even apologized for everything that she did, although Skye wasn't going to forgive and forget that easily but she was going to try and leave that all in the past.

Her mom was healthy and happy now, just like she was before her husband died. Skye finally got her old mom back and she couldn't have been happier.

She wasn't going to get her hopes up though, just because her mom was sober now didn't mean that she would be in the future.

She could go back to drinking at any second, so Skye was going to cherish every moment she spent with her mom, just in case things got bad again.

Her mom began questioning her about Soda and about her relationship with him. She even wanted Skye to invite him over for dinner but Skye quickly denied it.

Having Soda over for dinner would be a horrible idea, she wasn't embarrassed of him, obviously. She just didn't want him to sit there and listen to her mom tell embarrassing stories of her.

Skye promised that one day they could all have dinner together but that they just weren't ready for that just yet.

Her mom thought it would be a good idea to have a girls day and go shopping. She used to take Skye shopping all the time so of course Skye said yes.

So there they were, in the little clothing's shop searching through the racks.

"I'm glad we're doing this, I know it's been a while since we've done this but thank you for agreeing to join me," Skye's mom said.

Skye smiled, "I wasn't going to pass this up, you know how much I like shopping,"

Her mom chuckled, "Yeah which is why I brought you here, I guessed you needed more clothes after months of using the money you earned on the house and stuff,"

Skye frowned, "Yeah..."

"How are you going to afford these clothes? You have no money," Skye said, "I have some saved up, while I was out partying and stuff I did a little side jobs bartending in some bars for extra money, I didn't always spend all of it and I was actually smart enough to save it," her mom explained.