Thirty seven

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

SKYE DID NOT want to go to school. The whole weekend, Skye didn't leave Soda's house. She called her mom to let her know that she would be staying all weekend.

Darry took the weekend off of work to take care of the two. He didn't want to leave them alone after what happened.

It was Monday morning and Skye was still in bed, she didn't want to go to school. She hadn't left the house since that night and she was still worried about going out.

Pony was in the room getting ready for school, "Do you think I can stay home?" Skye asked him. Pony turned to her and shrugged, "Probably, you don't want to go do you?"

"No, not one bit."

"You can stay home, Darry has work and so does Soda so you'll probably be alone unless Two-Bit shows up," Pony said.

"Soda's going to work?"

"Yeah, I tried telling him to stay home but he says he can't miss out on work because we need the money,"

Skye let out a sigh and got out of bed, "Is he still here?" She asked Pony who nodded. She walked out of the room and her eyes searched for Soda.

He wasn't in the living room so she checked the bathroom, she saw him in there greasing his hair back.

She stood by the door and Soda saw her through the mirror, he smiled brightly at her and continued to do his hair.

"Hey babe."

"You're going to work?"

"Yeah, I have to make money somehow, since you won't be going Chet needs all the help he can get," Soda said.

"Then he can hire someone else, you shouldn't be going anywhere after what happened, you haven't even healed yet," Skye said, pointing at the bruises on his face.

Soda walked past her and into the living room, "So? I'm not going to stay cooped up inside just because I got beat up by a few socs, I'm not scared of them."

"Well I am."

Soda turned to her and gave her a sympathetic look, he walked up to her and placed his forehead to hers. "I'll be fine, I promise."

"I just don't want you getting hurt, the first time was scary enough, I can't lose you, Soda." Skye said, her voice cracking a bit.

Soda placed his hand on the back of her neck and placed a kiss on her lips, "And you won't, I'm never leaving you," Soda said.

Skye sniffled and smiled softly.