Thirty eight

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

ONE WEEK LATER and Skye was finally leaving the house. The only reason she was leaving was so she could go back to her own house and grab a change of clothes.

She hadn't told her mom about what happened and she wasn't planning on it any time soon. She had made up some sort of excuse for not being home and had called her in advance that she would be stopping by.

Soda drove them to her house, they didn't feel safe walking anymore. Skye didn't want Soda waiting in the car alone so she dragged him inside with her.

Her mom was at the door ready to greet them, she went to hug Skye but Skye backed up. Her mom's eyebrows furrowed at that, "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, I just smell bad is all, I haven't showered," Skye lied. Her mom eyed her suspiciously but didn't question it.

"I'm only here to get a few things, I'm going to be staying at Soda's for a while," Skye said, she walked past her mom and into her room.

She began stuffing clothes and some things into a bag.

After she was done she walked back out into the living room, "And who said you could stay at Soda's?" Her mom questioned her.

"I did."

Her mom raised her eyebrows at the girl, "And you didn't think to ask me? I'm your mother and may I remind you that you are not an adult so you still have to ask me permission for these type of things,"

Skye turned to her mom, "Oh please, you act like you've been such a great mother that you even have that right anymore, and may I remind you that you aren't even my real mom, after everything you've done you have no right to tell me what to do, so no I don't need permission from you."

Her mom's face dropped and Skye turned away from her, "Let's go Soda." And with that Skye walked out of the house.

Her mom watched her walk out with an embarrassed look on her face, Soda gave her mom an apologetic look, "I'm sorry."

He turned and walked away giving Skye's mom one last sympathetic look before closing the door.

Soda jogged up to Skye, "That was a bit harsh."

"Yeah well she deserves it."

Skye got into the car before Soda could say anything else. He sighed and shook his head, also getting into the car.

They drove the rest of the way in silence.

When they got to the house Skye got out of the car without a word, leaving Soda behind.