Fifty one

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

AFTER TWO WEEKS of therapy, the hospital was finally letting Soda go home. Darry was going to go pick him up and Skye stayed behind with the boys, she had set up a small welcoming party for Soda.

It had been a while since he's been home and she wanted him to feel as welcomed as possible.

She set up a small banner that hung from the ceiling above the kitchen doorway that said "Welcome home!" She found it on sale at the party store and that's how she got the idea to make a welcome home party.

She baked two chocolate cakes because she knew that one wouldn't be enough. She made the boys clean up the house while she made dinner in the kitchen.

Two-Bit would pop his head in every few minutes trying to get a taste of what she was cooking, every time his finger would get near the pot she would smack his hand away with the wooden spoon she was holding.

She heard a car door shut from the outside and her eyes widened, she dropped the spoon in the pot and she quickly took off the apron she was wearing and tossed it aside.

She fixed her hair and she rushed into the living room, "They're here, get ready!" She shouted at the boys. They all scrambled up from the couch and got into position, waiting for Darry to walk in with Soda.

They heard footsteps coming up the porch and the doorknob began to twist. Once the door opened they all shouted surprise.

Skye's smile dropped when she realized that the person who had walked in was in fact, not Soda nor Darry.

"Jesus- what the hell?!"

Skye rolled her eyes, "We thought you were Soda,"

"Well I'm obviously not Soda." Dallas said, and Skye glared at him. "What are you doing out of the cooler Dally?" Steve asked and Dallas shrugged, "Got out on good behavior."

"Soda getting out of the hospital?" Dallas asked and Skye nodded, "Yeah, Darry's on his way with him, we wanted to surprise him for when he gets here," Skye answered.

"How cute."

Skye rolled her eyes, "Maybe you should've stayed in the cooler," Skye mumbled and Dallas glared at the girl.

The door opened and Darry and Soda walked in, Skye's eyes widened and she gestured for the boys to yell out surprise.

"Surprise!"