Fifty seven

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

THE NEW YEAR had begun and Skye couldn't wait for it to be over already. School was absolutely killing her.

Tackling homework and actual work was more difficult than she expected it to be. But she couldn't give up, it would all be worth it in the end, or at least she hoped.

She was so busy and stressed that she barely saw Soda anymore unless it was at work. She couldn't wait till summer so she could relax again, only a couple more months left and then she would officially be a high school graduate.

She couldn't wait to get out of here.

The only thing she wasn't excited about was leaving her family behind, leaving them would be hard but it's not like she wasn't going to see them again.

She would visit them for holidays, birthdays, and summers. She hoped that Soda would join her and move away with her, she understood him staying behind while she was at college.

But she hoped that after she was done with college that he would move away with her and they can buy a small house, have a few kids and just live happily ever after.

That would be a dream come true.

But that was all it was, a dream. She really hoped that it could come true one day, but right now she has to focus on the now.

She only had a few months left to spend with her family and she wanted to waist no time. She realized how distant she was being from everyone, school had become her top priority that she had forgotten about everything else.

So every weekend she would take a break from her school stuff and spend time with her family and friends.

She was starting to get nervous though, she had sent her college applications months ago and she still hadn't gotten any letters back from any of the colleges she applied to.

She really hoped she would get in to the University of New York, better known as NYU. She wanted to study business so she could become a business woman or even start a business of her own one day.

She also applied to the University of Chicago, she applied to a bunch of top colleges but she also applied to some colleges that were closer to home so she wouldn't be too far away from her family.

She just wanted to know that she had choices and opportunities before she chose what school she really wanted to go to.

Everyday she checked the mail box for any letters but none ever came. Her mom reassured her that it would be okay and that they would accept her because she was smart and a good student.

She hoped she was right.

It was the weekend which meant it was time to relax and have fun. She was going to walk to Soda's house but he insisted on picking her up in his new car that he absolutely loved.