Fourty three

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

IT WAS THE day of the rumble and Skye was feeling very...anxious. She sat there at her desk, her leg bouncing up and down, watching the clock as she waited for the last bell to ring.

As soon as it rang she shot up from her seat, snatched her backpack, and rushed out of the classroom.

She pushed past all the kids in the hallways not sparing them any glances as they gave her dirty looks. The rumors were still fresh in their minds but she didn't care one bit.

She walked out of the school and she was walking down the steps when Bob stopped her.

"And why are you in such a hurry?"

Skye stopped and she went up a step, her grip on her backpack tightened. "None of your business."

Bob's smirk faded and he took a step towards her, "You know Cherry broke up with me? And it was your fault, what exactly did you say to her?"

"I-I didn't say anything-"

"Bullshit!"

Skye jumped as he yelled.

"Cherry broke up with me because of you and now you're gonna pay." Bob threatened her, Skye kept her head down avoiding any eye contact with him.

He backed up and he walked away with his friends in tow. Skye sighed and she jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder, Pony held his hands up in defense as she backed up.

"Woah, it's just me."

Skye let out a sigh of relief, "Don't do that."

"Sorry, you okay? Was that Bob?" He questioned her, Skye shook her head, "No, it was nothing let's just go, we got a rumble to get ready for."

They got home and all the boys were there getting ready, all except Darry, even he couldn't get a day off for a rumble. But he was getting out early so that was good enough.

When they walked in Soda and Steve were wrestling in the living room, Two-Bit was jumping on the couch cheering them on, Dallas leaned against the wall smoking a cigarette watching the two fight with an amused look, Johnny sat on the other couch smiling and shaking his head.

Skye rolled her eyes and Pony grinned and jumped in on the wrestling. Pony jumped onto Steve's back to give Soda a helping hand, Soda let out a laugh as he watched his best friend try to wrestle his kid brother off his back.