Eleven

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

THE DAY AFTER Skye and Soda made up, things were back to normal. They were all friends again and Skye went back to talking to the boys.

"So, you two friends again?" Pony asked Skye, "Yep, we made up last night after he showed up at my window," Skye said.

"He told you about Sandy?"

"Yeah, I feel bad but then again, I did warn him so that was kind of on him." Skye said and Pony nodded. "Now we know to always listen to you."

Skye nodded and Soda walked in, Steve beside him. "Hello!" They both shouted, Steve went into the kitchen to look for some cake and Soda plopped down next to Skye.

"Hey, how was work?" Skye asked Soda who shrugged, "Eh, same old, same old."

"You know, you should come work with us," Soda suggested, "Yeah, that's a great idea! I bet it'll be more fun with you there," Steve said as he walked into the living room with a plate of chocolate cake in his hand.

"That sounds very tempting but I can't, I already have a job," Skye said, "Then quit."

"You know I can't just quit," Skye said to Soda, "I know, but just think about it," Soda said and Skye nodded.

"Okay, but I'm not promising anything." she said and Soda nodded, "Good enough for me."

"Speaking of work, I gotta go or I'm gonna be late." Skye said standing up, "Here, I'll drive you." Soda said standing up as well and grabbing his car keys.

Soda walked out of the house without another word and Skye cocked a brow and looked back at the boys who just shrugged.

She shrugged as well and walked out of the house and got into Soda's truck. Soda drove off and neither of them spoke, it was pretty awkward.

"So, about last night..." Soda started.

Skye looked over at him, "I'm sorry for just showing up like that, I should've called first or something," Soda said.

"It's fine."

"No, I'm just...I don't know, I just feel weird, you know? I've been with Sandy for a long time and now that she's gone...I don't know how to feel or what to do, I feel lost." Soda ranted.

Skye put her hand over his to comfort him, he looked down at their hands and he smiled softly and looked up at Skye who gave him a sympathetic smile.

"You're going to be okay Soda, you don't need Sandy, you never did, sure you loved her, sure she was your first love, and you'll never forget any of that, but those things never last and when they end you just have to move on,"

"This just means that you never really belonged to Sandy in the first place, which means that there is someone else out there for you, you just have to find and wait for her." Skye said.

Soda smiled and he grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze, "Thanks Skye, that means a lot."

Skye smiled and blushed a little as she stared at their intertwined hands, "No problem." she squeaked out.