Fourty four

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

SKYE STAYED OVERNIGHT in the hospital, the boys tried to get her to go home to get some rest but she wouldn't leave. Nothing was getting her out of that chair.

She didn't sleep at all, she wanted to stay up in case there was any news on Soda. They wouldn't tell her anything since she wasn't family.

She paced back and forth in the hallway half the night, biting away at her nails. "What is taking them so long? He should be out of surgery by now!" Skye complained.

"I'm sure they'll tell us something soon." Darry assured, "They need to hurry up, I need to know if he's okay." Skye said.

"Can you sit down? You're stressing me out with all that pacing," Darry grumbled, he hadn't slept either. He was worried about Soda, Skye was right he should've been out of surgery by now.

None of the doctors were telling them anything and he was beginning to worry more than ever. He had sent Pony home with the gang, Pony didn't want to go he wanted to stay with Soda.

Two-Bit had to carry him out of the hospital in order to get him to leave. Darry didn't want him here in case something bad happened...in case he didn't make it.

Steve was hesitant in leaving too but Darry forced him to go. Darry glanced at the clock to see that it was almost morning, they had been sitting in the waiting room for hours and they were starting to get impatient.

A few minutes later the doctor finally came out, Skye rushed up to him ambushing him with tons of questions.

"How is he? Is he okay? Is he out of surgery? Can we see him?" She questioned. The doctor stared at her as she continued to ask questions, "I- are you family?" He asked her.

"I- no but I'm his girlfriend that counts for something, right?"

"I'm sorry, I can only talk to direct family members," the doctor said and Skye opened her mouth to cuss him out before Darry stepped up.

"I'm his brother."

The doctor turned to him, "Alright, your brother is out of surgery, the stab wound was pretty deep but not deep enough to hit any major organs or arteries, so he is okay," the doctor explained.

Darry and Skye let out sighs of relief, "He is in his room now sleeping, he's going to have to take it very easy from now on, he needs lots of rest and we will be holding him for a few more days just to make sure he's stable and then you will be able to take him home,"