Thirty nine

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

SKYE WAS FINALLY going back to school. She hadn't been at school for two weeks and it was time she went back. She wasn't ready to go back, but she didn't have much of a choice.

She got dressed and put on her mom jeans, a baggy sweater, her converse, and she left her hair down only brushing it out.

She didn't bother with makeup.

She walked out of the room and all eyes were on her, the boys hadn't seen her in something other than sweats and a t-shirt in two weeks and they were surprised to see her more dressed up.

"You ready?" Pony asked her, she nodded and grabbed her backpack. Pony gave her a small smile and he bid his goodbyes and walked out of the house.

Soda walked up to Skye, she didn't look up at him she kept her eyes trained on her beat up converse. "Good luck at school."

Skye looked up at him and made eye contact with him for a small second before she looked away again, "Thanks." She mumbled and she walked past him and out the door.

Soda sighed and watched her walk off with Pony by her side. "She's still not talking?" Steve asked, coming up behind him.

"Nope."

Steve shook his head and he looked at Soda, noticing his sad demeanor. He patted him on the back, "Come on, don't want to be late again."

Steve walked out the door and Soda stood there for a second before following him out the door. Steve looked down and cocked a brow at the boy, "Surprised you actually remembered your shoes this time," Steve said.

"Shut up." Soda shoved him aside and Steve chuckled as he followed after Soda. Darry had to leave early that morning for work and he took the truck so the two had to walk to work.

Pony and Skye walked to school in silence, Skye kept her eyes trained on the sidewalk, kicking a few stones along the way.

"Are you nervous to go back?" Pony asked her, Skye looked up at him and then back to the sidewalk. "I'm not nervous I'm scared."

Pony frowned, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into a side hug. "Don't worry, I'll be with you the whole time, if they try something I'll protect you," Pony said.

Skye smiled softly at him, she wrapped her arm around his waist and hugged him back tightly. "Thanks Pone."

They got to school and Pony did as promised, he stayed by her side and walked her to every class. Johnny would've done the same if he had shown up to school.