Twenty eight

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

AFTER WORK, SKYE and Soda stopped by at her house to see if her mom was there.

She wasn't.

Skye was relieved, for once her mom actually listened to her. Her relationship with her 'mom' may have been weird, but she was there for her when she needed her, she took care of her, and she came to love the woman.

Before her husband died her mom was a happy, kind woman. She would've done anything for her family, but when her husband died so did her love.

She spent weeks in her room, crying, and starving herself. Skye had to force her out of her room so she could eat something, after that she was never the same.

She got fired from her job for not showing up, she wouldn't leave the house, whenever she did talk she would yell.

After a few months she decided to drown her sorrows in alcohol and men. She started going out every day and came home every night with a new man.

Skye argued with her about it but she never listened. Soon the bills started piling up and Skye was forced to get a job so they wouldn't lose their house.

She had to do everything.

She had to pay the bills, she had to buy groceries, she had to make dinner, she had to clean. She did everything while her mom was out there getting drunk and laid.

At some point Skye got used to it and just accepted that her mom would never change.

Skye and Soda walked back home after making sure her mom had actually left.

"Where do you think she went?" Soda asked Skye as they walked hand in hand back to his house.

"Probably a motel, it's all she can really afford." Skye shrugged.

"At least she listened to you, now you don't have to worry about her," Soda said and Skye nodded, "Yeah, at least for now."

They spent the rest of the day hanging with the gang.

The next day, Skye left school and went straight to work. She walked in and Soda greeted her with a kiss to the lips and her DX shirt.

She slipped it on and she took her spot at the counter, Soda went over to the aisles to stock the shelves up.

Skye plopped her feet onto the counter and sat back in her chair reading a magazine.

The bell rang signaling that someone had walked in, Skye didn't bother to look up. She greeted the customer and continued to read her magazine.