Fifty five

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

BEFORE SKYE KNEW it, summer was almost over. It was the end of July and Skye had spent the whole summer working her ass off.

Her mental and physical health had gotten better in the past few months. She moved back in with her mom and the first few weeks were rough due to the nightmares, it got so bad that her mom had to start sleeping with her every night to comfort her.

But over time the nightmares died down and she was able to sleep more than she was used to. She also started eating more, not like she had much of a choice when her mom was there stuffing food down her throat.

Her mom got a job as a janitor in an office building and she was earning decent money. With all of Skye's extra jobs and her moms job, she was getting closer and closer to her goal to save up for college.

School was about to start up again which meant more work and stress. She was not ready for that but she had one month left to relax and have fun, and just enjoy the last couple of days of freedom with her boys.

So she took the weekends off and worked less hours throughout the week so she could spend more time with her family.

Spending those last few days with her boys felt amazing, it felt just like old times.

And then just like that it was the first day of school again.

Skye was going to make this her year.

She wasn't going to let anything get in her way of graduating, she had to stay focus and work on getting into college. She's come this far she wasn't going to give up now.

She had chosen a few classes that would boost her chances of getting recognized by colleges. But she didn't want to stress herself out too much so she made sure to split her classes half and half.

She chose some hard classes and some easy classes, that way her stress levels would be evened out.

It was also Johnny's senior year, so she was going to make sure that both of them graduated, no matter the cost.

Johnny deserved this, he deserved to have at least one win. He deserved to graduate just like everyone else.

So she helped him pick out his classes so they had most of the same classes together. That way she would be able to help him with his work.

Two-Bit, once again, was repeating his junior year. Not like he cared anyways, he knew college wasn't for him so he didn't care about school or graduating.

He only went to school for the fun of it, which Skye found weird but it was Two-Bit, he wasn't exactly a normal guy to begin with.

Ponyboy was entering his second year of high school, he was very nervous about it but Skye reassured him that sophomore year was nothing to be worried about.

With his smarts and talents he would be able to get through the year like a piece of cake.

Last school year was filled with drama, so they wanted to make sure they avoided any drama this year. They didn't exactly want a repeat of last year.

So they avoided the socs as much as possible, they avoided any fights in school, and they avoided getting in trouble with the teachers.

This year was all about focus and just getting through the year drama free.

Steve, well he never really showed up to school, he went like once a month. Skye told him to drop out but he said that his dad would kill him if he did, apparently showing up once a month than dropping out was better somehow.

The first few weeks were easy since classes were just starting and they were still easing into the year. But after the first month the work started to get harder, they started getting more projects and more homework.

Skye didn't stop working though, she quit her job at the Dingo and stayed working part-time at the DX after school.

And then after she was done working she would go straight home or to the Curtis house to do her homework.

She didn't waste a single penny, she made sure to save her money instead of wasting it. It was so much harder to save her money than she thought, she just wanted to waste it all but she had to hold herself back.

She couldn't give in to the temptation of going on a shopping spree.

While Skye worked on her homework at the Curtis house, Soda would be by her side either trying to help her or encourage her, he would even feed her himself just so she could work.

She had made it pretty clear to him that she wanted no distractions this year and that meant him. He felt kind of honored that he was one of the things that were able to distract her.

So he made sure to just be the supportive boyfriend and to not bug her too much.

He was always happy when weekends came because then he could have her all to himself. The only times he was able to actually have a conversation with her was either when they were working or whenever she was free which was rare.

After four months of non stop work, December came and it was starting to get cold and there was blankets of snow covering the ground.

December meant winter break, which meant more free time for all of them. Skye couldn't wait for winter break so she could go home to Soda and cuddle with him under a warm blanket and watch Christmas movies with the gang and drink hot chocolate.

After Christmas it would be New Years, Skye could not wait to go into the new year with her family. She couldn't believe that she's already known the boys for a whole year now.

They've gone through so much together and they were there for her through everything. She couldn't be more grateful.

Sure they might be a little crazy and annoying but that's what she loved about them.

They were her boys and they are perfect just the way they are.

As you can see I did a little time skip there, I'm going to be doing a bunch of time skips just so I can end this book as quick as possible, I don't think you'll like the ending very much🫣