Fourty five

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

THE BOYS SHOWED up to visit Soda about an hour later. All except Dallas, no one knew where he was, no one had seen him since he left the hospital.

"When can we see him?" Steve asked, "We don't know yet, the doctor said he needed rest but never said when we could see him," Darry answered.

"Is he dying?"

Darry frowned at Pony's question, "No, he's not dying, the doctor said he's stable and that he's going to be okay, you have nothing to worry about, okay?"

Pony sniffled and sat down next to Darry, who wrapped his arms around the young boy.

"It's going to be okay, I promise."

The gang stayed quiet for a while, Steve leaned against the wall across from the waiting chairs, Johnny leaned against the wall next to the chairs, Two-Bit was sitting on the floor beside Steve, his head down, he was using his blade to distract himself.

They were all quiet.

Even Two-Bit, which was unusual because Two-Bit was never quiet. This wasn't a time for jokes and he knew that, he couldn't think of something to cheer everyone up anyway.

Half an hour passed by and the doctor walked over to the group, Darry noticed the doctor walking towards them and shot out of his seat.

He walked up to the doctor, "Can we see him?" He asked him. "Yes, you may seem him, but only one at a time," the doctor said looking around at the group of teens in front of him.

Skye had just realized how bruised up they were, they never had time to clean up after the rumble, the only ones with no bruises or cuts were Pony and Johnny.

Even Skye was all roughed up.

"I call first visit!" Pony began running towards Soda's room when Steve pulled him back by his shirt, "Why do you get first visit?"

"Because he's my brother." Pony glared at the older boy, Steve had no argument there so he reluctantly let the younger boy go.

Pony fixed his shirt and walked off towards Soda's room. "I call second visit." Steve raised a finger before anyone else could protest.

One by one they visited Soda, Skye was the last one to see him. She walked to his room and she shut the door behind her.

She took a seat beside his bed and she looked at him sadly. He looked so peaceful.

"Hey, Soda. All the boys came to see you, I wonder what they talked about, Pony cried, he came out of the room with puffy eyes, he misses you..."

Skye's voice cracked, she looked down and squeezed her eyes shut. "We all miss you, I miss you, so much, I-" Skye held back a sob.