Eighteen

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

AFTER STEVE'S LITTLE visit, Skye spent a whole week thinking about how she wanted to approach soda.

She knew she had too talk to him at some point, and she wanted to talk to him but she just didn't know how.

She still hasn't told River anything about her and Soda's little fight. And she wasn't planning on telling him, this was between her and Soda. She wasn't about to involve River over something that wasn't even his business.

Skye thought that it would be best to wait a few more weeks before she could talk to Soda. She wasn't ready to talk to him yet, she hadn't seen him in weeks and she wanted to at least see him before she could talk to him.

Just so she knew he was doing okay.

And he was.

She visited him at the DX one day, well she didn't exactly walk in but she could see him through the window. He was talking to a few girls at the counter and he was smiling.

He seemed to be doing okay which was a good thing.

Skye decided to focus all her attention on her schoolwork which she had been falling behind on. She was so focused on her school work that she didn't realize that she had been spending a lot less time with River.

Every time they would make plans Skye would always cancel because she claimed to have homework. Which she did, it's all she did now.

She didn't mean to pull away from River, she just didn't want to fail. And the work just kept piling up she had no time for anything anymore, not even River.

Skye was at her house, in her room doing her homework when there was a knock on the door. She stood up from her desk and she walked to the front door and opened it up to reveal River.

"Oh, hey River, what's up?" She asked him wrapping her arms around herself as the cold breeze hit her bare shoulders.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go out? You know have some fun?" River asked and Skye looked down, "Oh...um, I'm kind of busy right now, I just have a lot of homework and-"

River scoffed and nodded biting his lip, "Right, of course you do." he mumbled and he turned away. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means all you do is homework! Everyday, all you do is work and work and it's getting annoying, I understand that you're trying not to fail and that you actually want to graduate but you're only seventeen, you need to have fun not spend all day studying!" River shouted.

"We haven't hung out in weeks and I miss you...I'm starting to think that you care more about your studies than me." River said more sadly this time.

"Don't do that," Skye shook her head, "Don't you dare put that on me, I know I've been busy and that we haven't hung out much and I'm sorry, I really am, you don't think I miss you too? I've been dying to hang out with you for weeks but I can't!"