Fifty two

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

IT WAS THE last week of school and Skye could not be happier. After cramming for weeks for exams and any homework she had left to do, she was finally free.

She could now spend her last week of school without worrying about homework or studying for a test. She managed to end the school year with a B average, she was really proud of herself for that.

Even after everything that happened this year, she still managed to pull it off and keep her good grades. Next year she would be entering her senior year, her last year of high school.

She was both nervous and excited for her senior year, she was excited because senior year is supposed to be the best year of high school where you make the best of your last year and just enjoy it and make memories.

She was mostly nervous though, to pick out where she wanted to go for college. Usually by junior year everyone already knew what they wanted to do, but she still had no clue what she wanted to do.

She wasn't good at anything, she had no talents, she had nothing that would impress any colleges. So this summer she was going to focus on trying to find something she was interested in and turn it into a career.

The worst part about going to college is leaving your family behind, and in her case she would be leaving her boys behind.

She also had to worry about figuring out a way to pay for college. Sure she had a bunch of money saved up from all her waitressing jobs and from her job at the DX, but it still wasn't enough.

So she was going to spend all summer working to make enough so she could at least pay for one year of college. She would work three jobs if she had to, but she was going to do whatever it took to get that money.

She wasn't going to give up now, she was too close to give up. She just had to work ten times harder.

"You ready for summer or what?" Two-Bit wrapped his arm around Skye as they walked down the school hallway. Two-bit rarely went to school but he always went on the last week of school, he made it his own little tradition ever since he started flunking every year.

"Oh I'm so ready, can't wait to get out of this hell hole," Skye said and Two-Bit sighed, "I should be out of this hell hole by now, but I'm too stupid to even get to senior year," Two-Bit shrugged.

Skye frowned, "You're not stupid, you just don't apply yourself,"

Two-Bit smiled, "I remember in the beginning of the year when we first met, you told me the same thing, you gave me a whole lecture about it,"

Skye chuckled, "I remember that, seems like it was just yesterday,"

"I'm glad I met you." Two-Bit said and Skye smiled softly at the funny boy, "I'm glad I met you too."