Fifty three

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

IT WAS OFFICIALLY summer. The last week of school was uneventful and it passed by quickly than expected. Skye was more than happy to finally be out of school for a few months.

She hoped summer would pass by as slow as possible, so she could enjoy it. Even though she would be working a lot, that didn't mean she wouldn't be having any fun.

Soda was still on bed rest so while Soda was at home resting, Skye was at the DX covering both of their shifts. She tried helping Steve out with the cars but she kept messing up so Steve eventually got annoyed and kicked her out of the shop.

She stayed in the gas station for the rest of the day managing the cash register and when it wasn't busy she went to stock the shelves.

She spent the whole week multitasking and helping as much as she could, she was working a lot of hours which she didn't mind. The more she worked the more she got paid so it was worth it.

She spent the first few weeks of summer just working at the DX, and when Soda was finally able to get back to work, she went back out to find an extra job to work at nights.

She got a job at the Dingo since it was a twenty-four hour diner, so she waitressed every night to make some extra money.

So she spent the day at the DX and nights at the Dingo. It was usually empty during the night at the Dingo so she never had to do much, it was usually just your occasional greaser that came in at like three in the morning after spending all night partying and wanted to continue drinking.

They usually ended up passing out leaving Skye to look after them. She would just take money out of their pockets and wallets to make sure they paid what they owed, she sometimes took extra money just for herself as a tip.

She deserved it anyways, she didn't take care of their drunk asses for free.

After her night shift at the dingo she made it back home, it was around six in the morning and the boys were still asleep, except for Darry he was always up and early.

"Hey, how was work?"

He was sitting in his chair reading the newspaper, he had his reading glasses on which she has never seen him wear before.

"Tiring, didn't know you wore glasses," She shrugged her jacket off and tossed it aside. "I don't, I found these a while ago, they were my dads, I didn't think wearing them would be a good thing but I don't know," Darry shrugged.

Skye smiled softly, "Well they look good on you," Darry smiled at her. "You going to sleep?" He asked her.

She scoffed, "I wish, I have to get ready for my shift at the DX, we have to be there by seven-thirty," Skye said.

𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀|Sodapop Curtis|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें