Fifty

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

SKYE STOOD THERE in shock, she didn't expect Soda to be awake so soon. But there he was, sitting there, his beautiful blue eyes wide open, and staring right back at her.

He gave her a small smile and she finally snapped out of her shocked state. She grinned the biggest grin she could muster and she ran over to him and tackled him into a hug.

Soda hugged her back and feeling his arms wrap around her felt amazing, god how she missed him. Her grip tightened around him and he winced a bit which caused her to pull away.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Soda chuckled softly, "It's okay, still feeling a little sore," Soda said. Darry and Pony stood up, "We'll leave you two alone."

They walked out and Skye grabbed Soda's hand, "I missed you, I missed you so much."

Soda smiled and he brought her hand to his lips, he kissed her hand softly, "I missed you too."

Skye stared at him, tears beginning to well up in her eyes, she looked down and sniffled trying to stop herself from crying. Soda noticed this and he gave her a sad look, he tilted his head to get a better look at her face.

"What's wrong?"

Skye looked up at him and Soda was taken back by the tears running down her face.

"I thought I lost you." She whispered.

Soda frowned and his grip on her hand tightened, "But you didn't, I'm right here." He reassured her. Skye wiped the tears away and nodded, "I know, I just...I was scared, I was scared of losing you, you almost died on my watch and I couldn't do anything about it, I almost lost you, Soda."

"But you didn't, that's all that matters, I'm alive I'm okay, I'm right here with you right where I should be," Soda said, trying to reassure her.

Skye smiled through her tears and she scooted closer to him, she leaned down and pressed her lips to his. Soda let go of her hand and cupped her face in his hand.

They pulled away and Skye rested her forehead on his, "I love you." Soda whispered. Skye smiled and more tears began to well up, she just couldn't help it, she was just so happy.

"I love you too."

Soda pulled his face away from hers to see that she was crying again, he wiped one of her tears away and kissed her forehead.

Skye sniffled and she smiled, "I can't believe you're awake."

Soda smiled, "You can't get rid of me that easily, I promised you, remember? I will always be here for you."