Four

╔═══════════════╗
𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀
╚═══════════════╝

"SKYE!"

"Ugh what?" Skye groaned into her pillow, "Wake up you got chores to do." her mother said walking into her room.

Skye groaned and just laid there as her mom left the room, "Hurry up!" She shouted. "Give me a sec!" Skye shouted back annoyed and tired, she looked up at her alarm clock to see that it was seven-thirty.

Skye let out a sigh flopping her face back into the pillow. After a few minutes she finally got the energy to get up, she got out of bed very slowly.

She walked into the kitchen and saw her mom drinking her coffee, "Why the hell are you making me do chores at seven in the fucking morning?" Skye grumbled rubbing her eyes.

"Watch your language." her mom said not looking up from the newspaper. Skye rolled her eyes making faces at her mom as she headed towards the sink.

"And hurry up and finish your chores, I got a friend coming over," her mom said getting up from the table and putting her cup in the sink for Skye to wash.

"A friend? Since when do you have friends?" Skye questioned as her mom went to her room.

"Shut up and get to work."

Skye chuckled to herself and began washing the dishes. A few minutes later Skye was finished with her chores, all she had to do was take out the trash.

There was a knock on the door and Skye was about to open it when her mom pushed her out of the way. Her mom had on too much makeup, a mini skirt, and a pink blouse with very tall pink high heels.

She opened the door to reveal a man who looked like he was in his forties. He was old, a little too old.

"Hi, George," her mom grinned, "Hey, Jennifer," George said and Jennifer let him in.

"George, meet my daughter, Skye." Jennifer said motioning to Skye who was looking at her mother like she was insane.

"Hello, Skye." George said grabbing her hand and shaking it, eyeing her down. Skye gave him a disgusted look and pulled her hand away from him.

"Hey."

"Come on let's sit." Jennifer said and they sat down on the couch. Skye went to her room slipping her sandals on, she grabbed the trash bag and she walked out of the house.

Right as she threw away the trash, she saw Soda walking down the sidewalk towards her. She rolled her eyes and began walking away.

"Skye wait!" Soda called out jogging up to her, Skye stopped and looked at him.

"What?"

"Can we talk?" Soda asked her a bit out of breath, "You can talk, I'll listen." Skye said crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry about last night, I'm sorry for yelling at you, I was just worried ya know, I thought something bad had happened to you. But I know that you can take care of yourself and you proved that last night," Soda said.