2. confrontations & slytherins

REMUS HAD MADE his decision

REMUS HAD MADE his decision. He wasn't going to tell on Claudia for stealing that book, because he didn't know why she even stole it in the first place. He felt a strange need to know, so he decided to confront the Ravenclaw.

Now here's one thing one should know about Remus Lupin: he rarely ever confronted anybody about anything. Instead he opted for staying quiet and dealing with the problem in his head, silently hoping for it to go away on it's own.

So, there was no denying that the boy felt strangely nervous about pulling through with his idea. He didn't even know why he wanted to confront her in the first place - maybe it was the fact that Peter had a small crush on her or the fact that she must have had a reason for stealing the book instead of just borrowing it. Maybe it was that she had casted an unknown spell at it, or maybe it was just him wanting to speak with her again after their last encounter. Remus couldn't put his finger on the reason why, but he decided he would do it even without a reason.

Remus had not told his friends of the strange encounter. In fact, he didn't wish to. This was something he wanted to keep for himself, because maybe she was just rudely stealing books and not returning them. However, the boy had a strange feeling that that was not the case.

He had seen Claudia eat breakfast with her friends that Saturday morning, meaning that he was going to wait for her to go somewhere on her own so he could talk to her. He wasn't going to do it in front of his or her friends, that was for certain. He needed a good spot and a fitting moment.

And that moment came as Claudia stood up from the table and waved her friends goodbye, heading off to the library.

She walked the empty hallways of Hogwarts, lowly humming the melody of "Annie's song" by John Denver, "Rebecca" in her hands. She had managed to finish the book in just two days, which was the newest record for the fifteen year old girl. She normally couldn't finish the books that quickly due to her always having something to do at Hogwarts - wether it was homework, classes or being with her friends. But, this book was hard for her to put down and she had already finished all her homework somehow, even though the workload in fifth year was plenty more than ever before, with the O.W.L.s coming up later that school-year. It was only the end of September at this point however, so the stress hadn't really gotten to her yet.

A sudden tap on her shoulder broke her out of her trance with a start. She turned around abruptly, nearly bumping her head into the boy's forehead.

She saw that it was Remus Lupin, again, and she became a little nervous over his sudden appearance.

How do I get out of this one? She questioned.

"Well, hello Lupin! Do you need something?" She asked with a smile that she tried her hardest to accurately plaster on.

"Hello Maple, yes I actually do," he said nervously rubbing his chin with his hand. "Why'd you steal that book?"