107. dances & countdowns

"WHERE DID YOU LEARN to dance this well?" Lyall questioned as Claudia and him waltzed around the dancefloor, the girl leading since Lyall was incredibly confused

"I've had lessons," she smiled. "When I was little. I've been going to loads of balls since so it kind of just stuck."

"Interesting."

"Not really," Claudia laughed.

"Well, I must tell you, I'm impressed by children who have the patience for it. Hope and I tried to put Remus in babyballet once."

"Babyballet?" Claudia questioned, an amused smile growing on her lips.

"Yes, babyballet," Lyall smiled. "But it obviously didn't work. He kept screaming and throwing his dance shoes at us when we would try to leave. And then with the whole werewolf-thing he couldn't continue anyways."

"Did he wear a tutu?"

"Nah," Lyall shrugged, knowing just how amused Claudia was. "But Hope did buy him one for fun. A blue one, I recall. I think I've got some pictures of it, actually-"

"Oh, Merlin, no," they heard Remus say from beside them, causing their waltz to stop. "Not the babyballet, dad!"

"I'm sorry, I had to," Lyall said, bursting into laughter at the same time as Claudia.

"You're never going to let this go, are you?" Remus asked Claudia, his cheeks turning an adorable shade of pink.

"Never," she laughed, causing his face to turn into one of both embrassement and annoyance. "Hey, don't be embarrassed, ballerina! There's nothing wrong with ballet!"

"Ballerina," Remus sighed. "Really?"

"Yes," Claudia grinned. "I quite like it. Might call you that now."

"Merlin, no."

"Sorry, ballerina," Claudia laughed, causing Lyall to giggle like a little girl and inevitable Remus to laugh as well.

"I think it's time for your time out now," Remus said, placing his hand on Claudia's back and slowly leading her away.

"Thanks for the dance!" Claudia called back to Lyall, who was practically doubling over on the dancefloor at this point. "You should've shared your dancing skills with Remus and maybe he could've become a proper star!"

Lyall laughed even more, only for it to calm down as his eyes flickered to his son, and suddenly he wore an unreadable look on his face. "Sorry, Remus!"

"It's alright, dad," Remus chuckled, leading Claudia to the kitchen so that he could have her alone for just a little while.

"What was that about?" Claudia asked.

"What?"

"That look on your father's face."

"Oh. He's feeling guilty."