94. i'll be home for christmas

"SO THAT WAS

"SO THAT WAS...INTERESTING," said Claudia as she and Remus slowly walked away from the party to their separate dorms, doing so hand in hand.

"I'm not sure I'd phrase it like that," Remus responded. "Punching that dick Rosier was definitely worth two weeks of detention after Christmas, though."

"It definitely was," Claudia grinned. "But, you didn't have to do it, you know? You didn't need to defend me like that."

"Trust me, I wanted to," he replied in an honest tone. "He's a complete git, and it definitely doesn't help that he was a git to you. That just made me want to punch him even more."

"Well, in that case," Claudia replied. "Thank you."

"Anytime," Remus chuckled. "Listen, I know he's a royal pig, but is he always that bad?"

"Always has been, always will be."

"But he hasn't like...forced himself onto you or something, right?" Remus asked worriedly, thinking of the kiss from Evan that Claudia had dodged forever ago at the Three Broomsticks.

"Meh, depends what you mean," she shrugged. "He has tried to kiss me a million times, and he has touched me in places but it's always above clothes and I guess I just got used to it."

Remus heart broke at the thought of her being unwillingly touched. Just like it broke at every mention of the curses she had been thrown and the filthy things that had been said right to her face.

He just wanted her to feel safe, which was exactly what he succeeded with.

Remus had become Claudia's home, and she never would've thought that she would find her way back home ever again after losing her mum.

Turns out you can always make a new place your home; as long as it comes naturally.

"Claudia..."

"Don't worry, love," Claudia interrupted. "I'm fine. There's absolutely nothing to worry about. I'm safe. I'm with you."

"I know," he said with a weak smile. "I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"Nothing bad will happen," Claudia said, though she could never believe her own words.

Remus couldn't do so either, but he was getting tired from the night and all he really wanted to do was either snog Claudia or sleep with her in his arms.

"You tired?" Claudia asked as Remus yawned, and then nodded in response to her.

"A bit," he replied. "But it's not that bad yet. It'll get worse tomorrow."

"I'm sorry," Claudia said, holding onto his arm.

"There's nothing to be sorry for," Remus chuckled. "I'm used to it."

"Doesn't make it any less shitty."

Remus shrugged, "How did you find out?"

"What?"