104. daddy's a killer

REMUS HAD HAD HIS fair share of panicked moments in his life

REMUS HAD HAD HIS fair share of panicked moments in his life. Being apart of the Marauders and causing mischief had contributed to that.

However, he had never been as panicked as he was in the moment that his father ran off, only for Claudia to do the same. He tried to go after the girl, but he couldn't.

Because someone had grabbed him out of nowhere and shoved him into a room, that person whispering a quick "stay here", only to leave again as they shut the door behind them.

Of course, Remus wouldn't listen to that, because both Claudia and his father were out there, and Claudia couldn't even defend herself if a moment of having to do so would come.

So, he tried to open the door. And, when that didn't work, he tried again.

And, when he heard two forbidden words being called out outside, he yelled and cursed and did everything he could in his power to open the door.

But it still didn't open, and Claudia and his dad could be dying without him being able to do anything about it.

So, he didn't have any last resorts but to do all he could to open the stupid door as the image of Claudia's dead body laying outside flicked through his mind.

But then the door opened from the other side, causing the boy to leap backwards as a million things rushed through his mind.

Where was he?

Who was he with?

Where was Claudia?

It was clear to Remus that the person who had dragged him in there was a woman as she spoke something to the other person she had apparently dragged inside.

And that person was indeed Claudia.

She was alive. Though, Remus could barely tell if she really was.

Because when the woman, who seemed to be an old lady, turned on the lights, Remus found his girl looking like a complete ghost.

Like, a pale in the face, gone in the eyes, and stiff in the body kind of ghost.

Remus had seen her in all her states, but that one was different than all the others.

"Claudia," the boy breathed out of pure relief despite the look on her face, because she was alive. He walked towards her and placed his hand on her arm, only for her to back away and look up into his eyes with a completely different light in them.

"Claudia, what's wrong?" Remus asked worriedly as the girl's eyes quickly flickered back to the floorboards they had been resting on ever since she had come inside the unknown place.

Why was she like this you may ask?

Well, Claudia had just witnessed a murder for the second time in her life.