63. the tree

IF CLAUDIA WOULD have made a pro-con list of the situation she was in - the situation in which the four boys had completely abandoned her and she had found out that Remus had kept something big hidden from her - it would have had countless of cons...

IF CLAUDIA WOULD have made a pro-con list of the situation she was in - the situation in which the four boys had completely abandoned her and she had found out that Remus had kept something big hidden from her - it would have had countless of cons, but only three pros.

1. She wasn't a burden to them anymore.

2. They were safe from her family.

3. She had more time to study.

The latter was the one thing Claudia had spent her time doing leading up to her O.W.L.s; which at this point, in late June, were pretty much over with.

Claudia was standing outside of her second to last exam, which was the written Defence Against the Dark Arts exam, as she went over a million possible questions that could be asked, and exactly what she would answer if they would be.

She was worried that she would fail at the same time as she was worried that she wouldn't.

Because what would her father say if he found out that she excelled in something that could protect her from the kind of magic he used as often as he changed his socks?

It was a matter of praying that it would be like it normally was; that only her grandmother would look at her marks.

Eventually, the doors opened and Claudia then found herself sitting next to Inez with an exam in front of her and a quill in her hand.

Much to Claudia's liking, as well as disliking, the exam was easy enough, but she ended up "accidentally" messing up some questions so that she wouldn't appear far too good for her own well-being.

Eventually, the girl ended up on question ten - and that's when her mind went elsewhere for just a little while.

10. Give five signs that identify a werewolf.

Claudia's head instantly shot up so that she could take a small glance at Remus, who seemed to be on the same question considering that a small smirk was on his face as he scribbled down the answer.

But, that didn't mean that he wasn't reminded of the thing that had been plaguing him more than ever for over a month's time.

The girl had suddenly forgotten what to answer. It wasn't as if she didn't know everything there was to know, she had just simply forgotten everything she had ever known before about werewolves.

Inside her head, Claudia couldn't help but to think about five unusual signs that would identify a werewolf:

1. He's sitting in that chair.