84. i love you

KISSING HENRY WAS

KISSING HENRY WAS...different. It wasn't exactly bad, nor was it good - it was just different.

And, to put it plainly - Claudia did not enjoy this version of different.

It felt wrong.

Like, the type of wrong where one accidentally places a puzzle piece in a puzzle, only to realise that it doesn't fit.

Because, the real missing puzzle piece to Claudia's puzzle was in the other room - wondering why the hell she wasn't there with him.

And, after a small moment that consisted of Henry's lips on hers, Claudia gently and carefully pushed him away from her.

"I'm sorry," she said, surprised to find a small smirk building up on his lips.

"S'fine," he said. "I didn't expect anything from it anyways."

"What do you mean?"

"Did you feel anything? Like, any sparks or butterflies or something?"

"No," she replied earnestly. "Did you?"

"No," he replied.

"Why did you even do that?" Claudia asked, still feeling rather baffled at the same time as she felt incredibly guilty for kissing someone who wasn't Remus.

"Well, to be honest I just wanted to test you a little."

"Test me?"

"Yeah, and me too I guess," he shrugged.

"You too?"

"Yeah, well, it might've been a bit selfish but I just wanted to see if there was anything there. I've been trying to get past Jia Li and you're so sweet and funny, so that's why I asked you on a date. But I realise now, after kissing you, that I'm still not over her. Not that you weren't a good kisser or anything!"

"Don't worry, you weren't either," Claudia chuckled. "But maybe you should get back with Jia Li? I saw you guys talking the other day, and I can see that she wants it too."

"Maybe," he replied. "I gotta say though, that's super ironic coming from you."

"What?"

"Lupin," he grinned. "You should just get with him, just like I should just get with Jia Li."

"It's not that simple for us," Claudia said with a sad smile. "Like I said, I break everything that I touch-"

"Love is never simple," the boy interrupted. "But when there's that much of it, it can be. Because you do it together."

"Look at you being all wise," Claudia smiled.

"Well, I do try," Henry grinned. "But, Claudia...?"

"Yes?"

"You didn't feel anything when we kissed. Which, in all honesty, makes absolutely no sense considering how gorgeous I am. That just proves how much you love Lupin."