75. hold my hand

THE LAST THING Claudia had expected that she would do during sunrise on that cold October's day was walking next to James towards the rest of the Marauders, who were all in the Shrieking Shack after that faithful full moon that had caused injuries...

THE LAST THING Claudia had expected that she would do during sunrise on that cold October's day was walking next to James towards the rest of the Marauders, who were all in the Shrieking Shack after that faithful full moon that had caused injuries on all three of them.

Despite just having made the discovery that Nicolas and Regulus were hooking up, Claudia was way too distracted with getting to them as quickly as possible, as well as way too distracted with wondering why the hell they were with Remus during the full moon and why James had come to her instead of Madam Pomfrey.

But that was the case, and Claudia had no energy to question it all too much - especially not when she entered the shack, only to find all three boys completely torn apart.

Sirius was, as always, extremely dramatic over the scratch that crossed his collarbone and Peter was just chilling despite the huge scratch that covered his leg.

And Remus, well, Remus was completely torn about from where he was out of view. He was ashamed, and he didn't wish to be seen.

Especially not by her.

"What took you so bloody long?!" Sirius groaned, his voice then turning into a hushed one so Remus wouldn't hear.

Because Remus hated himself for what he had done to his best friends.

"I could've bled to death!"

"Suck it up," Claudia sighed, walking towards the two boys as James walked to Remus. "This should do it."

Claudia then quickly and quietly cleaning up both of their scratches and used healing charms on the two, which pretty much got them back to normal with small faint scars.

"I just don't want her to see me like this, Prongs!" Claudia suddenly heard Remus' hushed voice say desperately after Sirius had finally shut up. "I don't want to scare her off!"

"Don't you think her coming here proves something?" Said James. "Please, Moony. Just let her help you."

Remus didn't get the chance to finish or even start his next sentance, because suddenly Claudia appeared in front of him with a hallow look, looking at him but not looking into his eyes.

Remus' situation was far worse than the one the other two had. He had small, yet painful scratches all over his stomach and arms, that were revealed since he had no shirt on.

Remus had clearly put himself into more harm than anyone else.

"He won't let me help him," James whispered to Claudia, turning around slightly to face her as her eyes finally left Remus' torso. "He says it hurts too much."