113. soft spots & news

"YOU'RE TELLING US that you want to try and become an Animagus?" James questioned as the three boys and Claudia stood outside of the Hospital Wing

"Yes, and I ask of you to not tell Remus this," said Claudia sternly, grabbing James by the arm and walking further away with all of them in case Remus, who was inside the infirmary, could hear.

"So you want to do it without him knowing?"

"Yes," she nodded. "Isn't that how you three did it?"

"Yeah," said Sirius. "But that was different. You can't become one."

"Why not?" Claudia questioned. "Why was it any different for you three?"

"Well, first of all, we had each other. We didn't do it alone."

"But if I do it I won't be alone," Claudia insisted. "I'll have you three."

"Yes, but, no," James sighed.

"No?"

"No."

"You can't decide that for me!"

"We sure can!"

"No, because if you try to tell me that I'm not doing it it'll only lead to me doing it by myself," the girl decided. "I'll become an Animagi with or without your help."

"I thought you were only thinking about it just five seconds ago?" Peter questioned. "And I agree with them, you shouldn't."

"Why not?!"

"Because Remus wouldn't want you to."

"Like you cared what he thought when you did it!"

"Well, no, we didn't. But this is different," said Sirius.

"How is it different?!"

"Because he wants to protect you, Claudia," said James with a sigh. "He'd have our heads if we helped you. Not forgetting that he'd be worried out of his damn mind every single full moon if you'd be there. It would only make it all worse."

"I don't think that's true," said Claudia. "You saw what he was like just now. I think I can make him feel better. At least that's what I want. And I can't just sit in my dorm every full moon doing nothing whilst he's out there being torn apart! Especially not when he still thinks that I'm scared of him or something!"

"No," James persisted. "We won't let you. And that is final."

"Oh, don't go all mum on me now, James," Claudia sighed. "Think about it, okay? My Patronus is a Raven."

"A Raven?"

"Yes, a Raven," she nodded. "A bird. Which means that my Animagus form is most likely it. Which means that I would be a perfect resource for all of you."

"How come?" Asked Peter.

"Ravens are known for forming social attachments with wolves," she explained. "They're sometimes known as the 'wolf-birds'. They play with wolves and they help each other out. Which means that I can help Remus out."