98. boyfriend's back

CLAUDIA WAS IN the living room the next day, listening intently to the piano piece Sirius so effortlessly was playing on the piano that had previously collected dust until Sirius, who, thanks to being raised the way he was, had been forced to lear...

CLAUDIA WAS IN the living room the next day, listening intently to the piano piece Sirius so effortlessly was playing on the piano that had previously collected dust until Sirius, who, thanks to being raised the way he was, had been forced to learn the instrument.

"You play?" Asked James, who was sitting next to her reading a book about quidditch.

"A little," Claudia said, still listening just as focused to the familiar piano piece that filled the room. "I had to learn, didn't I? Louisa wouldn't have gotten off my back if I didn't."

"She taught you?" Peter asked, shivering slightly at the thought of the cold woman who had once pushed his mum over for walking too slowly at the platform.

"Sure did," Claudia sighed. "It was definitely a few of the worst few weeks of my life."

"It only took a couple of weeks?" Sirius asked, having finished the piece.

"Well, I had to make her leave me alone somehow," Claudia shrugged. "I'm not that good, but I can read sheet music."

"Go on then," said Sirius almost challengingly. "Show us what you've got."

"No!" Claudia scoffed. "I haven't played in ages! She taught me when I was a kid-"

"Come on, Claudia!" Sirius urged despite her words, since he felt very keen on the idea of outshining her for once. "You can at least try!"

"Alright," Claudia sighed, moving over to the piano and sitting down on the bench that Sirius had just stood up from.

In front of her was a sheet of a simple classical piece she had heard a million times, but Claudia decided to play from memory instead.

She knew it like the back of her hand, that song. It was nostalgic, almost, and Claudia didn't even know if it was in a good way or not.

Nonetheless, her fingers softly played plainly out of muscle memory, and it fell together like a flowing river.

Claudia got completely lost for a moment there, so lost that she didn't think much of the small noises that could be heard out in the hallway.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," Sirius muttered under his breath as he watched Claudia play. "Can't I for once be the most talented?!"

"At least you're the best at being a git," Peter comforted. "You've got the prize."

"That's so nice, Wormtail, I could almost hug you," Sirius said sarcastically.

"Don't worry, Pads," James grinned, patting him on the back. "You've got the best hair."

"I don't know, Claudia has pretty nice hair," Peter said absentmindedly, giving Sirius an innocent smile as he felt his eyes dig a hole into his skin. "I'm only joking, don't get all defensive, please-"