28. why do you tolerate it?

TW! MENTIONS OF ABUSE!!!!!

MAPLE MANOR WAS a cold, cold place

MAPLE MANOR WAS a cold, cold place. With gigantic rooms, icy marble floors and heigh ceilings one could assume that its inhabitants were living like royals, but in reality it was the most suffocating place on earth; at least that's what it was according to Claudia.

Funny how the biggest of places could feel the smallest.

Claudia felt a shiver run over her the moment she ended up in the dining room of the manor, her father by her side. It was dark in comparison to platform 9 3/4 - because the curtains were drawn.

That was never a good sign.

It was completely empty in the room, and not a single sound could be heard. Maybe a silencing spell was casted on the room, she figured, because it would most definitely not surprise her.

But, her ferocious screams would probably sound like music to everyone's ears in that house - with the exceptions of the house-elves of course.

She barely got the chance to stabilise herself after the apparition - which was something she wasn't very used to - when her father raised his wand and uttered an all too familiar spell.

"Crucio!"

The girl fell to the ground immediately; screaming as if her life was depending on it. Which was exactly what she thought.

The pain was the uttermost worst thing one could experience. It felt like a million knives were making their way through her skin, through her head, and her mind all at the same time. It was simply an indescribable amount of pain - that was how bad it was.

The curse was practically ravaging her whole body.

She was screaming and begging and crying and moving around like a maniac on the floor, because frankly that was what she felt like; a maniac.

She couldn't think of a single thing except of her wishes for the pain to stop. It didn't even matter how, she didn't even care if she needed to die in order to make it stop. She just needed it all to stop.

All she wanted was for it to go away; for the pain, the anger and the desperation to just go away.

She became angrier and angrier. It was as if venom was filling both her mind and body all at the same time.

And then suddenly, it all lightened. It still hurt like a bitch, there was no denying on that, but the man was gone and with him he took the worst parts of the psychical pain - leaving some left and also leaving some mental pain instead.

"That should be enough for now!" He announced as he smashed the door shut, leaving his daughter on the floor.

Claudia was unable to move as salty tears rushed down her cheeks. But it felt alright, because she knew what she was dreading for over a month was for now over with. It was bad, sure, but it also could've been far worse, she knew that. In complete honesty, she was surprised that it was as bearable as it was, considering her "rebelliousness" for the first half of her fifth year.